Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on a lift for my Rebel. Picked up a 2020 Rebel with the black appearance package about a month ago, looking to enhance it a bit. I'm considering the ready lift SST 3.5" which seems pretty cost effective and promises the "factory ride" not to mention I could keep my 33"s, but I've heard some not so great things about it through the forums. There's also a 6" Fabtech that I'd most likely pair with some new 37"s, however that's looking close to $6k. I've got the diesel, so I'm looking to maintain some sort of fuel economy. However, I'd like to keep the comfort of the ride (I do quite a bit of driving) but really would like some off road capability outside of "clearance".

Looking to be able to complete a MOAB trip with the man and his Jeep we put a 3.5" Falcon and 37"s on.

Any advice that can be offered is appreciated. I'm anxious to get some work done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking for advice on a lift for my Rebel. Picked up a 2020 Rebel with the black appearance package about a month ago, looking to enhance it a bit. I'm considering the ready lift SST 3.5" which seems pretty cost effective and promises the "factory ride" not to mention I could keep my 33"s, but I've heard some not so great things about it through the forums. There's also a 6" Fabtech that I'd most likely pair with some new 37"s, however that's looking close to $6k. I've got the diesel, so I'm looking to maintain some sort of fuel economy. However, I'd like to keep the comfort of the ride (I do quite a bit of driving) but really would like some off road capability outside of "clearance".

Looking to be able to complete a MOAB trip with the man and his Jeep we put a 3.5" Falcon and 37"s on.

Any advice that can be offered is appreciated. I'm anxious to get some work done.

I did the 3.5 sst. Taken it off now and doing the bds 4 inch. Its horrible. Ready lift replaced the kit for me gave me another and it’s just not right. Springs hit control arms hit. Loud clunky and crappy. Spend the loot do it right

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you really want to be..."able to complete a MOAB trip with the man and his Jeep", save thousands of dollars on a lift - new wheels - new tires and just buy an old Wrangler. Even the most tricked out Rebel will not be able to do the same Moab trails as a jeep. (The Rebel is a truck and excels at trunk things, not trails like Hell's revenge or Hole in the Rock). Unless you are talking about graded forest roads, you will bang the crap out of your 2020 Rebel on the Moab trails.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
197 Posts
long story short, I don’t know if anyone that’s happy with the ready lift.
everyone loves BDS as they take the time to relocate the diffs and correct pinion angles, a cheap lift yes will get you higher but you will cause a lot of wear points if you don’t properly correct your geometries.
this is why BDS, fab tech, and dirt logic are the best in the biz.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have used the 3.5” RC level kit and haven’t had any issues, includes new UCAs, keeps factory ride quality and allows you to fit 35” tires no problem. That being said I would not put it on my jeep for technical off-roading, I would looking into a coilover system if you’re gonna be running moab

·
Registered
18 Posts
long story short, I don’t know if anyone that’s happy with the ready lift.
everyone loves BDS as they take the time to relocate the diffs and correct pinion angles, a cheap lift yes will get you higher but you will cause a lot of wear points if you don’t properly correct your geometries.
this is why BDS, fab tech, and dirt logic are the best in the biz.
Today is the day I take my ready lift off and bds 4 inch on. Ready lift was horrible went through 2 set ups with them secoNd was free still **** the bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate all the advice and help - it seems that no one is pleased with the Ready Lift. The BDS is great but apparently there's an issue with my truck being diesel, says it won't work. So I'm leaning more towards the Fabtech and 37s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you really want to be..."able to complete a MOAB trip with the man and his Jeep", save thousands of dollars on a lift - new wheels - new tires and just buy an old Wrangler. Even the most tricked out Rebel will not be able to do the same Moab trails as a jeep. (The Rebel is a truck and excels at trunk things, not trails like Hell's revenge or Hole in the Rock). Unless you are talking about graded forest roads, you will bang the crap out of your 2020 Rebel on the Moab trails.
The "toy" Jeep is coming after I'm done with the truck. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally swamped my ready lift 3.5 sst out and put the bds 4 inch on . Should of done that In The first place. It’s so sick. Rides like factory. I drive down philly streets no noise , no nothing feels like stock and better .Philly streets are off road . BDS rules !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts