Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I have a 2016 rebel and i was curious if anyone knows if I remove the tow hooks, will an aftermarket Bumper for the normal models fit without any further modifications? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
It’s hard to say, I would contact the manufacturer that makes what you want, and ask them.
I know fender flares for rebels are the same as the 2500’s, butnot the 1500’s. (Rebels and 2500’s have larger wheel wells). This may affect the front bumper. And if it does, the manufacturer would most likely have a different model number to differentiate between the two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, so I think there is way for us rebel owners to add the normal 1500 ram aftermarket bumper to our rebels... the first step is replacing the grille, I bought the grille off eBay with the amber lights that was not supposed to fit my 2016 rebel but it did... I think that’s the first step in making any 2016 1500 aftermarket bumper fit...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been looking at these same grills howd you get it to fit with that bottom molding being there? And as for after market bumpers they should all fit its just our tow hooks cant be reused if I'm remembering correctly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea so if you order that grille just flip the top brackets when you attach them to the grilled upside down and it fits, the bumper remove the tow hooks and the plastic trim piece under the headlight and it should fit, some bumpers have that angle they go up on side of the headlight along the grille, if you put that grille I have on the rebel even those bumpers would fit, I’m going to attempt this soon and see how it comes out

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hmm I might just try it, finding aftermarket grills is a pain for these things but after seeing your picture there a started looking at 2500 grills because you used to be able to get the same one just flat to fill out the corners.... but now I can't find any and everything for a 2500 iv seen is far to big to fit behind that lip on the bumper

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah iv seen those but I was looking for the ones for a 2500 in the same style I just checked our welding truck and all the mounting points are the same just wanting something flat to fill the corners you know

·
Registered
280 Posts
Awesome thanks for the video itll come in handy when I eventually get rid of the stock one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts