Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install any type of throttle body spacer? Looking into getting the air raid spacer was curious of other opinions on performance and sound. Would love to have that whistle sound as well as a few extra lbs of torque

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've never had a desire to install a tbs on a truck

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I don't see a point in a TBS. The Hemi's throttle body allows air into the intake manifold, where the vortex would be if a TBS was installed. However, fuel injection isn't happening there. There a 8 ducts from that manifold, one to each cylinder. The injectors are inserted right at the juncture of the manifold duct and the cylinder head. Fuel's mixed in just barely in front of the cylinder, not near where the TBS is generating its vortex. Hence, the TBS isn't going to have any effect on fuel vaporization.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
198 Posts
Waste of money on fuel injected vehicles imo. Carb spacers were handy for moving your throttle response towards the higher end or without one, towards the bottom.
It’s similar to how people put open bore intakes in, then wonder why it’s street manners suck. big races cars run open bore so why can’t i? ITS RACE CAR PARTS🤓
When a spread bore has a much better flow pattern for street/strip applications and can make almost just as much power, without sacrificing drive ability. a CARB spaced had a smaller but similar effect, but in a throttle body I really think it’s just a cash gimmick for teens with rich parents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts