Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just finished removing the air ride in my 2018 rebel and thought I would share some pictures as this forum was key in my research to do the work. I used a Zone 6” suspension lift and got new front struts from rock auto as well as rear coil isolators from the same site. That is all that’s needed to do the conversion surprisingly. The new lift required a -12 backspaced wheel and then I had to add tires to finish the look but they weren’t technically mandatory as I could have ran spacers with the factory set. I used method 17x9 wheels and got a killer deal on some federal Xplora RT’s in 37’s. I did buy AlphaOBD and disable the Air-Ride so I wouldn’t get any alarms on the dash but if not then it would have been a single warning at start up “I tested it” so it wasn’t mandatory. I also changed the tire size and tomorrow I will be reprogramming the TPMS system since I got new sensors with my new tires/wheels. Overall the lift was super simple and I followed a YouTube video some guy made doing on a standard suspension ram. I’m handy with a wrench and this was my first lift kit install but took my time and it turned out exactly as I pictured it. The pics are from before, during and then after. Let me know what you guys think!
Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive exterior Window Property
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Electronic component Fastener Screw Circuit component Machine
Automotive tire Auto part Machine Vehicle brake Rolling
Electronic component Fastener Screw Circuit component Machine
Automotive tire Auto part Machine Vehicle brake Rolling
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Fender Vehicle door
Technology Electronic component Machine Automotive engine part Outdoor shoe
Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey everyone! I just finished removing the air ride in my 2018 rebel and thought I would share some pictures as this forum was key in my research to do the work. I used a Zone 6” suspension lift and got new front struts from rock auto as well as rear coil isolators from the same site. That is all that’s needed to do the conversion surprisingly. The new lift required a -12 backspaced wheel and then I had to add tires to finish the look but they weren’t technically mandatory as I could have ran spacers with the factory set. I used method 17x9 wheels and got a killer deal on some federal Xplora RT’s in 37’s. I did buy AlphaOBD and disable the Air-Ride so I wouldn’t get any alarms on the dash but if not then it would have been a single warning at start up “I tested it” so it wasn’t mandatory. I also changed the tire size and tomorrow I will be reprogramming the TPMS system since I got new sensors with my new tires/wheels. Overall the lift was super simple and I followed a YouTube video some guy made doing on a standard suspension ram. I’m handy with a wrench and this was my first lift kit install but took my time and it turned out exactly as I pictured it. The pics are from before, during and then after. Let me know what you guys think! View attachment 31243 View attachment 31244 View attachment 31245 View attachment 31246 View attachment 31245 View attachment 31246 View attachment 31247 View attachment 31248 View attachment 31249
That looks sharp. Good job! (y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I went ahead and reprogrammed the TPMS sensors with ALPHAOBD. It was super easy I just enabled it via the program and then rolled around the block to activate them. Yes there’s more upgrades coming as money allows. I planned this as a “budget” lift as I can’t just drop 6k overnight on my truck. So for now I have OEM front struts and the rear from the Zone kit and it rides great. Honestly better than the air ride considering I have a bunch of sidewall on my new tires providing the cushion. I’m going to hold off on the UCAs for a few months as it won’t be off-roading until I get rid of the spacers. My next target is the fox 2.5 coilovers built for the 6” lift and then the fox 2.0’s in the rear and finished with the UCA’s from Zone most likely. Btw if anyone wants to dabble with ALPHAOBD and is in the Dallas, Tx area I’d love to help out. Best purchase I’ve ever made for the truck. USMC Rebel just let me know! Always happy to help another Devil Dog out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, lovely to see you convert you rebel. My is same year same color as you. I put bds 4inchi lift with air ride but after one year later, air ride eventually faill. I contact bds, tell them I only want but front coilover and rear coil spring, they said is not gonna work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked at the BDS 4” air ride lift and all the components look the same except for the hoses for the air ride? I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. Then again, BDS also told me their 6” lift would not work on a rebel. I imagine the people on the phones don’t actually participate in the designing as they have generic answers. The cheapest route would be to buy front struts for the front and then coils and the isolator pads for the rear. If you can find a 2012-18 standard suspension ram at a junkyard you could probably pick up all those parts for 100-200 and then have some time to shop for coilovers. Otherwise it’s all available from rock auto for about 500. Do you have any pictures? I’ve never seen a Delmonico rebel with a 4” lift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just looked at the BDS 4” air ride lift and all the components look the same except for the hoses for the air ride? I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. Then again, BDS also told me their 6” lift would not work on a rebel. I imagine the people on the phones don’t actually participate in the designing as they have generic answers. The cheapest route would be to buy front struts for the front and then coils and the isolator pads for the rear. If you can find a 2012-18 standard suspension ram at a junkyard you could probably pick up all those parts for 100-200 and then have some time to shop for coilovers. Otherwise it’s all available from rock auto for about 500. Do you have any pictures? I’ve never seen a Delmonico rebel with a 4” lift.
Just bought the bds 6inchi front coilover today at eBay, seller is called lift 4less.ask if they can have rear coil spring to pair with it,never got answer. Do you know where can I find the coil spring to pair with front coilover? I believe I need they call pro ride 5inchi coil spring

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I got my kit I had 2 options for the rear coil. There’s a 5” lift or 3” lift depending if you want the factory rake or if you want it level. I went with the 3” leveled look. You should be able to buy any rear coil for our truck that provides the 3” or 5” lift. It dosent need to be BDS to work but matching is also nice! Maybe call BDS/Zone and ask for a set?

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I got my kit I had 2 options for the rear coil. There’s a 5” lift or 3” lift depending if you want the factory rake or if you want it level. I went with the 3” leveled look. You should be able to buy any rear coil for our truck that provides the 3” or 5” lift. It dosent need to be BDS to work but matching is also nice! Maybe call BDS/Zone and ask for a set?
Yes,maybe I give zone call Monday to see they have any 5inchi coil spring. Do you think 5 coil is more soft Then 3inchi?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here’s a few more pictures for those interested in the stance of the vehicle after a 6” conversion and 37”s. My previous pics were immediately after the install and it sat about 2” higher because of the brand new coils/struts but it’s settled down now and this should be it’s permanent height.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here’s a few more pictures for those interested in the stance of the vehicle after a 6” conversion and 37”s. My previous pics were immediately after the install and it sat about 2” higher because of the brand new coils/struts but it’s settled down now and this should be it’s permanent height.
Looks great! But I don't see any different. 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone! I just finished removing the air ride in my 2018 rebel and thought I would share some pictures as this forum was key in my research to do the work. I used a Zone 6” suspension lift and got new front struts from rock auto as well as rear coil isolators from the same site. That is all that’s needed to do the conversion surprisingly. The new lift required a -12 backspaced wheel and then I had to add tires to finish the look but they weren’t technically mandatory as I could have ran spacers with the factory set. I used method 17x9 wheels and got a killer deal on some federal Xplora RT’s in 37’s. I did buy AlphaOBD and disable the Air-Ride so I wouldn’t get any alarms on the dash but if not then it would have been a single warning at start up “I tested it” so it wasn’t mandatory. I also changed the tire size and tomorrow I will be reprogramming the TPMS system since I got new sensors with my new tires/wheels. Overall the lift was super simple and I followed a YouTube video some guy made doing on a standard suspension ram. I’m handy with a wrench and this was my first lift kit install but took my time and it turned out exactly as I pictured it. The pics are from before, during and then after. Let me know what you guys think! View attachment 31243 View attachment 31244 View attachment 31245 View attachment 31246 View attachment 31245 View attachment 31246 View attachment 31247 View attachment 31248 View attachment 31249
Which struts did you order from rick auto?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, your Rebel looks sweet with the conversation! I am looking to do the same - failed air ride system in my Ram Rebel but I need the parts list if anyone has it or kit name and manufacturer. I'd be taking it to a shop to do the service on the conversion as I am not able to do the work myself. Any advice-tips and suggestions are welcome. Air suspension has been 'fixed' twice by dealer then feel flat 30 days later, tired of trying and just over this issue with our Rebel. Any help is very much appreciated. We live in Indiana any shops or repair place that might do the swap out if you know please let us know too. Thank you. G.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2017 Ram Rebel having issues with air suspension, would like to delete system and put a regular suspension on my Rebel. Any suggestions, parts list or help is appreciated. Please message me with details. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts