Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got the parts I needed to do the air ride link mod, got it done but I had to make the front links about 1/4 inch shorter than what I was reading in order to get the height I wanted. I got the 10 mm sockets, the 8 mm sockets, and the threaded rod to screw into the 8 mm sockets. For the 10 mm sockets I used cold weld epoxy and inserted the rod into the threaded portion of the 10 mm socket, worked well, rock solid. I put the truck in jack mode, then removed the existing links and installed the new ones.

I have Aero mode shut off, and in normal mode I don't get any rubbing at all. I don't notice much difference at all in ride quality, and I have no error messages. I had a wheel alignment done, which was needed, front was out of alignment after the mod. I installed Toyo Open Country C/T tires, size 35x12.5x17. The C/T's are considered a winter tire, they have silica in the rubber compound which prevents hardening in colder temperatures. Many around here run them all year, which is what I intend to do. Though I don't have any rubbing, I will likely also be installing some 1.5 or 2" Bora wheel spacers just to bring the wheels out a bit. I have been reading that some of the China wheel spacers on Ebay are questionable so I am sticking with higher quality.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I got the parts I needed to do the air ride link mod, got it done but I had to make the front links about 1/4 inch shorter than what I was reading in order to get the height I wanted. I got the 10 mm sockets, the 8 mm sockets, and the threaded rod to screw into the 8 mm sockets. For the 10 mm sockets I used cold weld epoxy and inserted the rod into the threaded portion of the 10 mm socket, worked well, rock solid. I put the truck in jack mode, then removed the existing links and installed the new ones.

I have Aero mode shut off, and in normal mode I don't get any rubbing at all. I don't notice much difference at all in ride quality, and I have no error messages. I had a wheel alignment done, which was needed, front was out of alignment after the mod. I installed Toyo Open Country C/T tires, size 35x12.5x17. The C/T's are considered a winter tire, they have silica in the rubber compound which prevents hardening in colder temperatures. Many around here run them all year, which is what I intend to do. Though I don't have any rubbing, I will likely also be installing some 1.5 or 2" Bora wheel spacers just to bring the wheels out a bit. I have been reading that some of the China wheel spacers on Ebay are questionable so I am sticking with higher quality.

Your gonna rub hard if you put on wheel spacers FYI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.