Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I'm looking into getting a 2018 Rebel, doing my research on known issues etc. and came across the cold weather air suspension issue. From what I'm reading the majority seem to be 2016 Rebels and earlier - can't find a lot of reference for more recent models.

1. Has anyone heard if Ram has addressed this issue with the 2018s?
2. I know it's still early 2018 but... has anyone with a 2018 experienced any issues in -30C this winter?
3. Being that for a few months out of the year we have cold snaps down to -30C or lower - should I be swayed by knowing that at some point within the first 5-6 years the system is going to fail and i'll have to fork out $$$?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everybody,

I'm looking into getting a 2018 Rebel, doing my research on known issues etc. and came across the cold weather air suspension issue. From what I'm reading the majority seem to be 2016 Rebels and earlier - can't find a lot of reference for more recent models.

1. Has anyone heard if Ram has addressed this issue with the 2018s?
2. I know it's still early 2018 but... has anyone with a 2018 experienced any issues in -30C this winter?
3. Being that for a few months out of the year we have cold snaps down to -30C or lower - should I be swayed by knowing that at some point within the first 5-6 years the system is going to fail and i'll have to fork out $$$?

Cheers!
I have a 2017 Rebel and I live in Colorado. This winter it got down to about -10 and I have had no issues with the Air Suspension. I haven't had it in any weather colder then that.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My 2018 lives outside, and after several nights this winter with temps dipping into negative numbers (°F), I haven't had any of the failure issues I've read about on 2016s.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It takes a couple winters to start noticing problems. The parts haven't changed and I have seen nothing that tells me they have changed anything about the suspension at all. Most of the major problems happen right at the end of warrany. Everyone in a northern climate that sees -20 during the winter needs to prepare and start asking questions now, don't wait to contact FCA when it's too late, let them know that you know the potential problems you face and what are they going to do about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have had some cold nights lately and my 16 has had no issues.
It’s still on the original parts and has spent its whole life on the prairies and nothing yet.
I did buy the extended warranty tho just in case.

Knock on wood, ahem

·
Registered
80 Posts
I suppose if an owner disabled the air ride every winter by removing all the fuses... it may last a bit longer. But moisture freezing in the fittings and compressor will still weaken the system to the point of failure. Probably a few years after warranty expiration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback! And yeah I know that most things start falling apart conveniently after the warranty expires, so it'll be good to keep in mind.

It’s still on the original parts and has spent its whole life on the prairies and nothing yet.
well hey, if it'll survive in Saskatoon, it should survive in Ottawa. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had my 18 for a year. No problems last winter, but several issues starting in August and continuing intermittently since. Been to dealership 4 times now and they haven’t figured it out yet. I have not off roaded this truck except across a couple of fields with tall grass. So far, IMO not a great off road system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts