Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to share what happened so maybe that can help someone with same issues.
Ram rebel 2017. 115 000km

Since 3 week, I had the "immediately service required air suspension ". The air suspension can no more be adjusted. It was stuck in normal mode. 3 days ago, driving to work, the truck feel pretty hard , it was like riding a rock. The air suspension was drop all the way down on axel stooper. I bring it to local ram dealer for investigation.

The dealers told me that the compressor need to be replace. A cable from the compressor is broke and they cant repair it cause it's broke to close to the housing of compressor. Cost 1800 for the compressor plus installation.They take me in the shop and the mechanics show me the issue.

While in the shop, i ask the mechanics what he thinks about that. He said, if it was my truck, i will take out all the air suspension and converting to coil. Way less expensive and trouble free. He say, now it the compressor but shortly you will have leak on bag for sure and they really pricy.

1.5 hour and 219$ . I bring it back home. The cable was really short and I understand that the dealer can not do a good repair but I thought that I can do it. I only want too extend the air ride to summer time so I can do the air delete.( No access to a garage and it cold outside im in Quebec)

i put the truck on ramp and repair the cable myself. Little cable soldering and heat shrink over. Take all fuse out and reinstall. Start the truck and hit adjustment button. The truck rise ! Everything work....for now.

I Link picture where the cable was cut

Goog luck guys.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had similar problems. My front dropped but rear up. Brought to dealer. They said $6,500 for repair. Then saud well your compressor is working abs you don’t have to change but in their experience it’s going to go. They say $2,000 left front, $1,400 right front. So I’m considering switching out to standard shock springs kits for $1,150. Search online I found armott air struts claim replacement for $1,100 each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts