Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New 2017 Rebel owner here, and this is my 3rd hemi Ram. Love the truck, but the rear drivers side doesn't seem to get to off road height. Has anyone experienced this kind of thing on their Rebels? I just joined 5 min ago and I have 103 miles on this thing. I put Iron cross HD steps on as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I still haven't pulled the trigger on trading my sport for a Rebel but from the reading I've done on this forum and others I would bring it right to the dealership to get it on record that there's an issue. They may have to check for leaks, it could be something with the sensors, maybe a computer thing, but no matter what you want it documented immediately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still haven't pulled the trigger on trading my sport for a Rebel but from the reading I've done on this forum and others I would bring it right to the dealership to get it on record that there's an issue. They may have to check for leaks, it could be something with the sensors, maybe a computer thing, but no matter what you want it documented immediately.

I'm definitely getting it in right away. Sigh. Took for a couple mile drive. Coming back to the driveway the entire drivers side looks lower than the passenger.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe I remember seeing somewhere that there was some sort of "reset" that could be done that might correct some issue with the height sensors but I may have imagined it haha. If it's a leak or something that obviously won't help, but if it's just something screwy with the computer it may fix the problem. Let me see if I can dig up what I remember reading.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm definitely getting it in right away. Sigh. Took for a couple mile drive. Coming back to the driveway the entire drivers side looks lower than the passenger.
I see something that says to hold both buttons for the air ride for 5 seconds and it will reset. Go take it for a drive and one you get over 15 mph it should level itself out.

Someone else said to put it in off-road, see if that levels it out, then bring it back down to normal and you shouldn't have the issue anymore (unless it's a leaky or blown air bag).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see something that says to hold both buttons for the air ride for 5 seconds and it will reset. Go take it for a drive and one you get over 15 mph it should level itself out.

Someone else said to put it in off-road, see if that levels it out, then bring it back down to normal and you shouldn't have the issue anymore (unless it's a leaky or blown air bag).

Hey thanks for the idea I appreciate that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got it now. Thanks I guess I would try the reset and then if no positive result head for the dealer. Hope you get it straightened out quickly. They are great trucks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From all the reading/research I did prior to my purchase..... It's a sealed nitrogen system, there is no "air" involved. If there was a leak you wouldn't be able to raise the truck in to off-road mode. Go to a flat parking lot, lower the truck all the way, then raise the truck all the way. Take measurements, all 4 corners. The rotate the truck 180 degrees, try and park in the exact same spot simply facing the other way now. Do the same thing, lower, raise then measure. Drivers side lower on all measurements?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nah, if there was a leak, the system's pump would pump in outside air just as easily as pulling in nitrogen from the storage tank. The difference is that the store of nitrogen is dryer air, no water in it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If it is a sealed system how can it pull the air in except via the leak in a vacuum (like ac system)? I've read many posts and articles regarding the air suspension (not specifically Rebels but Rams) and when they experience a leaks it doesn't go up all the way and need to go to the dealer for a leak fix and for the systems to be recharged.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If it is a sealed system how can it pull the air in except via the leak in a vacuum (like ac system)? I've read many posts and articles regarding the air suspension (not specifically Rebels but Rams) and when they experience a leaks it doesn't go up all the way and need to go to the dealer for a leak fix and for the systems to be recharged.
Depends on where in the system the leak is. If it's in the reservoir or the lines to / from the reservoir and pump, then it can easily suck normal air in through the leak anytime the pump is running to fill up one of the bags.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just noticed my drivers side rear is about .5"-1" lower than the passenger side. I guess I'll try the reset and then maybe go to the dealer. @Coolhandluke, do you know where that sensor is where the bolt was missing? Or does anyone else know where to look? I'd rather tighten a bolt on my own before dealing with the terrible service here in Memphis. Thanks for any help, guys.

Oh, and how do I reset? Which two buttons do I hold down?

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.