Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, yeah I'm new here and ive had my ram for a little over a year and have been struggling with the air suspension leaking especially in the colder months up here in Michigan. I dont have a rebel but its a 13' sport so its pretty close.

Anyways, what ive come up with is not really a fix but a way around the system so that you can control the system a bit more.

In the fuse box under the hood find fuse F50. Take out the fuse and add an inline fuse with a 20a fuse and run the line into the cab and into a switch/location of your choice. This will allow you to turn on/off the system so that the system doesnt leak. I pick my ride height then flip the new switch off. You'll get a quick notification on the dash and thats it! It makes the system much more enjoyable year round getting to pick what height to ride around in.

I can run my truck at any height at any speed. Hopefully this helps with anyone else whos frustrated with this flawed system like i was.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well since mine is a 2013 and a Canadian truck brought over to the U.S. and resold there is no warranty at all on mine so i wouldnt know. If it was tho, this is easily reversible. Or you can achieve the same outcome by simply removing that fuse. I didnt want to pop the hood and pull a fuse anytime i wanted to adjust the suspension ie drive thru atms, parking garages etc.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I used to pop the hood all the time and remove it and it kinda got me threw last winter air still went out on me once doing that but I threw it in the shop let it warm up pulled the fuse again and it lasted the rest of the winter.
But if it's working so far for you great so much cheaper than removing the suspension.
If you dont mind me asking how long have you been running this for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been running it since last winter, it was my first winter with the truck. I have noticed that it only holds in offroad 2 in the winter tho. Not sure why, ive tried every setting. I usually run it in offroad 2 anyways. Im currently looking into replacing the system with a regular set up. Just not sure if i wanna do stock height or the same height as offroad 2 would give me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well atleast its holding for ya hopefully it lasts the winter and you can just put the money away until you decide on what you want.
Just too bad it only holds in offroad 2 but still good job on the fix

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice mod!
I was playing with the 40A fuse but i still had lowering with higher speed.

The fuse adapter seems to have only 1 wire . Where did you connect the 2nd wire back from the switch ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys, yeah I'm new here and ive had my ram for a little over a year and have been struggling with the air suspension leaking especially in the colder months up here in Michigan. I dont have a rebel but its a 13' sport so its pretty close.

Anyways, what ive come up with is not really a fix but a way around the system so that you can control the system a bit more.

In the fuse box under the hood find fuse F50. Take out the fuse and add an inline fuse with a 20a fuse and run the line into the cab and into a switch/location of your choice. This will allow you to turn on/off the system so that the system doesnt leak. I pick my ride height then flip the new switch off. You'll get a quick notification on the dash and thats it! It makes the system much more enjoyable year round getting to pick what height to ride around in.

I can run my truck at any height at any speed. Hopefully this helps with anyone else whos frustrated with this flawed system like i was.
  1. Yikes better not get in seen accident with ight like that, there Are reasons speeds are set at different heights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts