Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my truck in back in February after air suspension went out while driving. Dealership said that water and ice had built up from driving and caused it to go out due to placement of the operational unit. They kept truck for a couple weeks before I got it back.

Was driving this past weekend pulling my boat in town and the whole system went out again. Keep in mind that I have used this option about 10x in 20-months. Didn't use it either time it went out.

Has anyone else had issues with this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any updates?
I got a RAM 2013 outdoorsman with air suspension and since last winter my suspension start to let me down. Same problem has every body has and the problem continues in the summer. Since august when i drive my truck for about 15 min all the passenger side his going down. I change my air compressor for a used one with 55000km and problem still there. Look like to be a computer problem. Next month im taking my truck to a garage for checking on the computer and modules maybe need to be updated. im gone let you know if we found something.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got a RAM 2013 outdoorsman with air suspension and since last winter my suspension start to let me down. Same problem has every body has and the problem continues in the summer. Since august when i drive my truck for about 15 min all the passenger side his going down. I change my air compressor for a used one with 55000km and problem still there. Look like to be a computer problem. Next month im taking my truck to a garage for checking on the computer and modules maybe need to be updated. im gone let you know if we found something.
How are things going for you ? Able to get it to the shop for diagnosing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be curious to know if anyone has had a new compressor put in. Sounds like the compressors are what is being said is the issue. kms don't mean much and they will fail when almost brand new and so if you got one that hadn't yet failed but was still one of these used crappy compressors then your fix was potentially destined to fail anyway. I am being told they will install a new compressor but my question to them is what new compressor?Upgraded compressor which can now withstand cold etc? May not be electrical or computer like you say (I sure hope not) but you might of been better to put an upgraded, new compressor in. Did they discuss that with you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would be curious to know if anyone has had a new compressor put in. Sounds like the compressors are what is being said is the issue. kms don't mean much and they will fail when almost brand new and so if you got one that hadn't yet failed but was still one of these used crappy compressors then your fix was potentially destined to fail anyway. I am being told they will install a new compressor but my question to them is what new compressor?Upgraded compressor which can now withstand cold etc? May not be electrical or computer like you say (I sure hope not) but you might of been better to put an upgraded, new compressor in. Did they discuss that with you?
I had the supposedly new compressor installed in January 2018 after waiting two weeks for the backordered part. I am now waiting on my second backordered "new" compressor as after a week and a half of troubleshooting they feel the freshly replaced upgraded compressor needs replacing. Already. So they have not fixed anything in their design that is a fix all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.