·
Registered
969 Posts
Great video, excellent job!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good video , great job..
Keep the videos coming, I'll watch them for sure.
Bill

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Nice video, nicely done. Just some feedback on quality: You should leave a little longer time on the screens with more text, so the viewer has a chance to read it all. Some people read more slowly than others. It also helps to just break the text up onto more screens. (I used to do presentations all the time and review videos for professional use.) Also, just clean up grammar when you can, people that do notice grammar errors will often focus on them and miss the point of the presented info when the screen changes. (You used "you're" rather than "your" in one place.) Maybe if you get enough viewers you'll get a little cash for posting it. Google/youtube is good about that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Great Video. Thanks! I may actually do this mod now, seeing how easy it is. I'd like to level it out in normal mode and run 35" BFG KO2s when the Toyos wear out. Is it recommended to get alignment done? I know it is recommended when you swap rears to front etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice video, nicely done. Just some feedback on quality: You should leave a little longer time on the screens with more text, so the viewer has a chance to read it all. Some people read more slowly than others. It also helps to just break the text up onto more screens. (I used to do presentations all the time and review videos for professional use.) Also, just clean up grammar when you can, people that do notice grammar errors will often focus on them and miss the point of the presented info when the screen changes. (You used "you're" rather than "your" in one place.) Maybe if you get enough viewers you'll get a little cash for posting it. Google/youtube is good about that.
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate all the help. I will definitely work more on catching the grammar errors.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Video. Thanks! I may actually do this mod now, seeing how easy it is. I'd like to level it out in normal mode and run 35" BFG KO2s when the Toyos wear out. Is it recommended to get alignment done? I know it is recommended when you swap rears to front etc.

I'm glad the video helped. I recommend an alignment after this because the camber will be off factory specs. Also remind who ever does your alignment that they need to have the engine running, and alignment mode selected in the settings. The same for when you switch the links. Start the engine keep it running, and select tire jack mode so that the truck doesn't move around on you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any input on if on a 2016 rebel you can swap rear links with front links ? Thought I saw somebody do this but can't find it now

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any input on if on a 2016 rebel you can swap rear links with front links ? Thought I saw somebody do this but can't find it now
You can swap the front and back links. It won't level the truck, but it will give you a inch lift. You will be stuck in areo mode with swapping the front and back links though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I swapped mine around and I still drive in normal mode 99 % of the time.
My truck will still raise up to off road mode but comes back down to normal mode when I reach 25mph.
I do put it down to aero mode when I'm going to be on the highway for any length of time.
Bill

·
Registered
46 Posts
I swapped mine (2016) links front to back this past Sunday and it lifted the truck about 3.5 inch all the way around. Went from the normal 37,5/8 inch frt to about 41 inches. Rears to about 42inch and change. The ride is terrible IMO, very bouncy don’t recommend it. Had to swap them back. New adjustable links are the way to go.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Great video.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sooo we are saying don't swap front to rear vise versa? What would the difference be by buying the links ?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
3 options:

1. buy the links available on the market (adjustable): $300
2. make your own adjustable links: $70
3. use plastic tubing like some guys have: $5

your call

·
Registered
226 Posts
For clarification purposes, are there any drawbacks or cons from tampering with the links to make the truck higher? I want to be able to utilize all my factory options and still have the great "higher" off road look. Eventually I think I want to try the 35" general grabbers tires but don't want ANY issues what so ever.. loud road noise, rubbing, poor handling, etc.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The drawback is that it's not a true "lift." You are merely extending the existing suspension components closer to their limits. So you're closer to "bottoming out" than before. Most guys talk of a slightly rougher ride, although perhaps not really noticeable on smooth roads.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts