Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my rebel for about a month now and have been very happy with everything about it so far. The air suspension is a cool feature. It just has me wondering if over time I should expect any water/moisture build up like any air compressor or air brake systems. If so is there a drain procedure? I havn't looked too far into how the system works myself. Just wondering if someone may be able to shed some light on this for me. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
The air suspension is a closed loop (sealed) system filled with nitrogen. It shouldn't need anything except maybe the odd fill up at the dealer over a very long period of time if it leaks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The air suspension is a closed loop (sealed) system filled with nitrogen. It shouldn't need anything except maybe the odd fill up at the dealer over a very long period of time if it leaks.
Beat me to it. One Thing to note is that even in a closed loop nitrogen system there will be some O2. You should t expect any condensation until you get son zero temperatures such as -10 fahrenheit. At that poi t you might see a sensor error in the system but when the air temperature rises it will go away along with any condensation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T
Beat me to it. One Thing to note is that even in a closed loop nitrogen system there will be some O2. You should t expect any condensation until you get son zero temperatures such as -10 fahrenheit. At that poi t you might see a sensor error in the system but when the air temperature rises it will go away along with any condensation.
Thanks, the air temp was my main reason for wondering. I live in WNY the temps havn't been too bad this year but the last couple we had many days with -15 temps. Just concerned about freeze up.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome. I shouldn't attempt to type when first waking up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts