Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Rebel with 94,000 miles. I was praying that I would be a rare lucky one with out the dreaded "service air suspension" light ever coming on. Unfortunately, it happened last week. Truck was tilted down on rear drivers side. It would fill back up to level, then same thing would happen every couple of mornings.

Why is there no class action lawsuit on this issue in the USA?

Dealer wanted $3,200 to fix. Said I needed to replace the two rear air bags due to a leak. Local lift shop in Phoenix said they can do it for $1,100. Two new rear bags and labor. In the shop today. Hoping they know how to R&R correctly.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
72 Posts
It's great til it isn't. That's why alot of guys delete it. The good news is for the most part any coil over kit for a Ram 1500 will fit these trucks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked hard at moving to a coil over. I passed on this option because I like the factory air ride height (do not want a lifted truck) and the aero mode does provide a little better MPG on long drives. The other factor was it seems like you can never eliminate the "service air suspension" warning when starting the Ram that had a conversion.

It ended up costing me $1,065 for two new rear airbags and service ($400 each, and the balance for service). Rides great so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts