Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2016 Ram Rebel and recently removed the air suspension and installed a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires. Naturally, my speedometer is off by 5-6 mph and the tire pressure sensors are not linked to the truck. Also, the service air suspension immediately code is popping up. I am so happy to not have air suspension anymore but would like to get rid of the codes.

I do have access to an Alpha OBD2 reader but i am not sure how to remove the air suspension code, link the new tpms sensors, and recalibrate the speedometer.. If anyone has done this before, can you please walk me through the process? I would really appreciate any help.

I took it into a shop to have an alignment done. I should add that I am a 23 year old girl who does not look like the truck type but here i am.. modifying my rebel. The man at the shop hardly answered any of my questions when it came to tire pressure sensors and the speedometer. I was told that is a dealership question. I do not want to take my truck to the dealer because of the insane pricing and the wait time to get it back. I have been without my truck for about a month already and my patience is running thin.. I installed the lift with my father in law and it went pretty well. We replaced the lower control arms and cam bolts. So the less money I have to dish out, the better. This is turning into a nightmare but I am on the home stretch!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
79 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2016 Ram Rebel and recently removed the air suspension and installed a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires. Naturally, my speedometer is off by 5-6 mph and the tire pressure sensors are not linked to the truck. Also, the service air suspension immediately code is popping up. I am so happy to not have air suspension anymore but would like to get rid of the codes.

I do have access to an Alpha OBD2 reader but i am not sure how to remove the air suspension code, link the new tpms sensors, and recalibrate the speedometer.. If anyone has done this before, can you please walk me through the process? I would really appreciate any help.

I took it into a shop to have an alignment done. I should add that I am a 23 year old girl who does not look like the truck type but here i am.. modifying my rebel. The man at the shop hardly answered any of my questions when it came to tire pressure sensors and the speedometer. I was told that is a dealership question. I do not want to take my truck to the dealer because of the insane pricing and the wait time to get it back. I have been without my truck for about a month already and my patience is running thin.. I installed the lift with my father in law and it went pretty well. We replaced the lower control arms and cam bolts. So the less money I have to dish out, the better. This is turning into a nightmare but I am on the home stretch!

Thank you in advance!
Tons of videos on YouTube that will walk you through how to do everything you're looking to do with AlfaOBD. That's your best route, find one and follow along. Trying to explain it here would be a novel, even though it I'd a fairly simple task. You just need to know where to go in the program to do what you want. The other thing i would make sure to do, is make 1 change at a time. So do your airride shutoff, then pull it cycle the Start and reconnect for the next thing you want to change. To do the Speedo you'll change the tire size, and that mens reinitializing your ABS module, again theres a great follow along video for that, and TPMS is super easy, but again better explained in a video then I can. I went through and shut off my airride, adjusted my TPMS readings, and turned off the fog lights drop out with highbeams.

·
Super Moderator
182 Posts
Last resort, I think you can have a dealer flash your truck to remove the air system from the computer

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
79 Posts
Yes, tons of videos on YouTube but none will work. You are stuck with the warning each time you start your Rebel.
It Worked for me....deleted my air ride. No warnings. No anything..button arnt even lit up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts