Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am close to purchasing a Ram Rebel, and was hoping to get the Alpine stereo, but this one I found does not have it. I am getting a great deal on it, and considering the MSRP for Alpine is only $445 I am wondering how people feel about the stock stereo without Alpine? I know I can get something similar aftermarket but I am just curious to see if it is worth nixing a good deal on such a small detail like the stereo system?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hey congrats and welcome...so not to sound like a smart LED bulb but if the msrp on the alpine is only 445 bucks , and the after market radio is in the neighborhood of 2k bucks, math wasn't my thing but the alpine sounds ( get it, radio....sound) like a good deal.....

And to answer the question on quality, can't speak for the base model stereo but I love my alpine, it literally rocks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So obviously the dealer can't add in the Alpine stereo so I'm really wanting to know how the factory stereo sounds...any inputs? I know I can just do Crutchfield and get some speakers but we all know it's a lot easier when it's already installed...lemme know how that factory minus Alpine is for everybody

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yea you should get the Alpine, I listened to one on the lot that didn't have it and it sounded pretty shitty. My Laramie had it and when I purchased my Rebel I had it listed on my must have list. The dealership will rush you to buy what they have on THEIR lot but they can buy from other dealers to make sure you get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yea you should get the Alpine, I listened to one on the lot that didn't have it and it sounded pretty shitty. My Laramie had it and when I purchased my Rebel I had it listed on my must have list. The dealership will rush you to buy what they have on THEIR lot but they can buy from other dealers to make sure you get what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed. Get what you want now....otherwise you'll be kicking yourself later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2017 rebel with the Alpine and it is one of the best sounding systems I ever had and I had s few. I would buy one without it now that I have it LoL!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi - I am close to purchasing a Ram Rebel, and was hoping to get the Alpine stereo, but this one I found does not have it. I am getting a great deal on it, and considering the MSRP for Alpine is only $445 I am wondering how people feel about the stock stereo without Alpine? I know I can get something similar aftermarket but I am just curious to see if it is worth nixing a good deal on such a small detail like the stereo system?
The Alpine system in my 2017 Rebel is awesome. Crisp, clear and with all the bass I want - the louder the volume, the better it sounds (no distortion). It was a must have for me, and I waited until I found a Rebel that had it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are not planning on upgrading the factory system in your Ram Rebel then I would go with the factory Alpine system. You can also upgrade the factory system using Mopar Kicker upgrades purchased from the dodge dealership if you cannot find the Rebel you want with the Alpine upgrade. I am upgrading my Ram Rebel factory stereo with the 8.4" screen and navigation myself and when i am done it will be aftermarket Kicker speakers and amps. So far step one is completed and I have added a Kicker 1200.1 amp and 2-12" Kicker CompR Subwoofers in a custom ported box under the back seat. I will send updates when i get the two dash speakers and 4 door speakers upgraded.
Audio equipment Loudspeaker Technology Tire Subwoofer
Vehicle Tire Automotive wheel system Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
So obviously the dealer can't add in the Alpine stereo so I'm really wanting to know how the factory stereo sounds...any inputs? I know I can just do Crutchfield and get some speakers but we all know it's a lot easier when it's already installed...lemme know how that factory minus Alpine is for everybody
I have a random question for y’all, I own a 2019 ram rebel today my nav location stopped working I called a dodge dealer and they told me to pull the ground cable well after doing so my truck radio is now locked asking for a anti theft 4 digit code just wondering if y’all know if on the paperwork or in the truck is there is the code written or the serial number for the radio because the dealer is going to have to remove my whole panel and get the serial off the top of my radio to get the code anyways long story short don’t remove your ground cable from your battery or you’ll be in the same boat as myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.