Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I installed the Amp Research retractable side steps on my 2016 Rebel it took two of us 12 hours. The directions suck I had to cut away Part of the crash bar on the drivers side to mount the motor, also sawsall both sides of truck where spot weld edges are so they would fully retract. but now they are awesome a lot of complements.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I installed the Amp Research retractable side steps on my 2016 Rebel it took two of us 12 hours. The directions suck I had to cut away Part of the crash bar on the drivers side to mount the motor, also sawsall both sides of truck where spot weld edges are so they would fully retract. but now they are awesome a lot of complements.
That sounds about like what I've heard. Would you mind posting some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
That is disheartening as they are supposed of had an update to them to fit the Rebel last spring. I'm still looking at the N-Fabs if I ever get the money but was also thinking of the AMPs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have them on my 16 and it took me about 8 hours by myself... had a bracket that went around the crash bracket and where the pinch weld contacted the board I just bent it a hair with an adjustable wrench. All good and lots of compliments... lot of guys ask me if it's an option at the dealer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I waited to order them until they had a kit that was specific for the truck... talked with amp direct and they gave me all the numbers... also got a bed step for free with the deal

I'm looking at the bedstep as well; the instructions state for a dual exhaust you have to remove a bumper support. Did you do this/has this been a problem?

·
Registered
43 Posts
For what it's worth, the 2017 does not need to have anything relocated. I have the local shop install the powersteps. They spent a total of 5 hours. I'm glad I didn't do it. It sounded like it was quite a PITA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.