Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I don't have my truck yet all I can do is think about it and one of the things I was thinking about is the anti-spin differential. I did get the option and I wouldn't get the truck without it but I guess my question is how good is it in the rams? I have it in my Chevy Z71 Tahoe and I had it in my GMC Sierra and it works amazing. It locks the rear axles solid to the point where if you are making a turn at a slow speed you can feel the rear end bouncing. It then automatically unlocks at I believe 40km/h. Is the Ram anti-spin differential similar to this?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Since I don't have my truck yet all I can do is think about it and one of the things I was thinking about is the this HTML class. Value is anti-spin differential. I did get the option and I wouldn't get the truck without it but I guess my question is how good is it in the rams? I have it in my Chevy Z71 Tahoe and I had it in my GMC Sierra and it works amazing. It locks the rear axles solid to the point where if you are making a turn at a slow speed you can feel the rear end bouncing. It then automatically unlocks at I believe 40km/h. Is the Ram anti-spin differential similar to this?
Might explain the "bouncing" I've felt a few times now...thought I was losing my mind.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya. The first couple times it happened to me in my Sierra a long time ago I thought there was something seriously wrong with my truck then I realized what it was.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. So it looks like the anti-spin differential option is what I was expecting. Now I can move on and worry about other things. Lol. I really need my truck to get here.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Cool. So it looks like the anti-spin differential option is what I was expecting. Now I can move on and worry about other things. Lol. I really need my truck to get here.
I know that feeling. Took seven weeks for mine. I prepared myself for 12 though

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya. I'm hoping to find out today if there is any new information on the status of my truck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was ordered last week but probably didn't go thru until Monday because of the holidays and likely shut down. It hasn't been long and I really do have patience but not so much when it comes to a new toy. Lol. The main reason I would like an update is because they told me that if it was a regular ram they would have a good idea on delivery but he is not sure how they do the production runs on the Rebel. I won't be able to get info until tomorrow. I have to pick up and drop off a few things but my sales person is in meetings this afternoon so I told him I can stop in tomorrow instead. I'm not expecting an exact date of delivery. I'm just hoping to find out if we're talking a few weeks or a few months.

·
Registered
210 Posts
yes the anti spin will operate just like the GM. I have had silverado with Z71 package and I can say both are the same thing. When the rear scenes slippage it locks right away.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks derise. I am happy to hear that. I would hate to have almost 400hp to only 1 wheel.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It was ordered last week but probably didn't go thru until Monday because of the holidays and likely shut down. It hasn't been long and I really do have patience but not so much when it comes to a new toy. Lol. The main reason I would like an update is because they told me that if it was a regular ram they would have a good idea on delivery but he is not sure how they do the production runs on the Rebel. I won't be able to get info until tomorrow. I have to pick up and drop off a few things but my sales person is in meetings this afternoon so I told him I can stop in tomorrow instead. I'm not expecting an exact date of delivery. I'm just hoping to find out if we're talking a few weeks or a few months.
Im not sure where you live but in Canada only your dealer will track it for you. My salesperson kept me updated on its progress periodically at my request. In the states I believe you can track it through the Dodge website as long as you have a VIN #

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm in Windsor, Ontario. I texted my salesman yesterday and he was at home with the flu so I told him to rest and I will see him Monday. I don't know if there is a VIN yet since the order is so new. Hopefully I get all the info Monday.

Today I did see a truck hauling a bunch of Rams and at least one of them was a Rebel. It was dark out but I couldn't mistaken the red one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on their modifications and experiences with the Rebel. I just placed my order for one two weeks ago. Of course, now that my order has been placed, I realized I forgot to add the ASD option on my build. I called my dealer to try to modify my order, but he claims that it is too late to make the change as the build had already began.

I don't plan to do any major off-road driving or much heavy towing, but I do live in Missouri with snow and ice. Is the lack of ASD worthy of me canceling the order? Has anyone else had experience with their dealer claiming it is already too late to modify things? While it is certainly my brain "fart" forgetting to add it, I would have hoped he could change things up since I still have 4+ weeks before delivery (and I'm on no time constraint to even get it by then if I needed to wait longer).

Thanks, in advance, for your insight!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading everyone's posts on their modifications and experiences with the Rebel. I just placed my order for one two weeks ago. Of course, now that my order has been placed, I realized I forgot to add the ASD option on my build. I called my dealer to try to modify my order, but he claims that it is too late to make the change as the build had already began.

I don't plan to do any major off-road driving or much heavy towing, but I do live in Missouri with snow and ice. Is the lack of ASD worthy of me canceling the order? Has anyone else had experience with their dealer claiming it is already too late to modify things? While it is certainly my brain "fart" forgetting to add it, I would have hoped he could change things up since I still have 4+ weeks before delivery (and I'm on no time constraint to even get it by then if I needed to wait longer).

Thanks, in advance, for your insight!

I bought mine from the dealer with no ASD, I towed a heavy fish house all over deep snow on the frozen lakes of MN and didn't have any complaints. Remember to turn off the anti skid brake button when you want to jerk something out of the snow.
I canceled an order for a Raptor three years ago when I read the forums on their problems, the owner gave me my thousand dollar deposit back. ( I printed off the complaints and showed it him at our meeting)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anti spins in the Ram are clutch type LSDs. If I'm not mistaken GM uses a g80 which actually fully locks the rear end mechanically. They aren't the same thing. Their purpose is the same but the performance is not.
In my opinion the g80 is superior but hey, it's just a minor thing and you can always change the rear end later and add a locker to the Ram.

Sure wish they offered a locker for the rear end for the Rebel from factory. The anti spin will do the job for now tho.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Although I would opt for a limited slip diff over an open diff modern traction control compensates for it pretty well. My previous truck had a full locking rear diff and I never used it. You don't drive with a full locking diff on unless you want to wear everything in the drivetrain badly. It is for when you get stuck or are going in a straight line.

In wet weather my Rebel with the "anti-spin" breaks the rear free if you punch it too hard. I know it works. Without it only one wheel would spin. For most applications it really isn't necessary. If you are going to do a lot of mud/snow driving then you might miss it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had an 05 Silverado 2500 with a g80 locker. Got me out of more trouble than i would like to admit to getting into. I would agree with @Circuitjc however, in that its really not necessary in most applications. I feel its safe to assume that many truck owners would never know its missing and will be just fine with the optional LSD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts