Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my rebel couple days ago. Not sure which bedliner option I should choose...

FYI, this is my first ever truck so any suggestions are welcome lol!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Line-X. There are usually 3 trim lines; basic ~525.00 premium (basic plus ~125.00) and color matching (Line-X gets the color codes from vehicle manufacturers to match your paint code with the line-x spray itself) usually about $730.00 for the color match. ALL trim lines are lifetime warranty (and that's the LIFE of the truck, not some random number the line-x is good for)
LINE-X Sprayon Bedliners, Protective Coatings, Truck Bed Coating, Floor Coating, Industrial Flooring
Did you get a liner for your truck?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
on my 14 i had bed rug, this one came with spray in, if i could get bed rug to attach to spray in then i would get bed rug again. they are nice, padded too for when you need to get in the bed.

side note, QC i do not need any of your advice. thank you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not yet on the Rebel, but I did with my 2011 Ram 1500 Big Horn (zero issues with it). Still saving a little to do it in my Rebel. "adulting" is hard. Don't have the made money laying around that I used to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
on my 14 i had bed rug, this one came with spray in, if i could get bed rug to attach to spray in then i would get bed rug again. they are nice, padded too for when you need to get in the bed.

side note, QC i do not need any of your advice. thank you.
Hey Joe, I've got the spray in and I put a bed rug in it, I didn't attach it and it doesn't move at all, so as long as you've got a tonneau cover it stays put nicely.

Reactions: Sejun

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had a Line-X bed liner installed this morning. Those guys in Brighton, MI do an awesome job. They did my liner with my 2010 ram 6 years ago and it still looked great when I traded it in. I abused my old truck with lots of cement foundation blocks, gravel, dirt and mulch so I knew I was going to go through them again. All of the dealerships in the area use them as well for their trucks rather then ordering the factory option. Their liner is thicker then the ones from the factory. The factory option liner is actually a Line-X liner from Line-X's parent company sprayed at half thickness but it is done by robots which don't hit the detail areas such as under the bed anchors, etc. It was just under $600, about 2.5hrs to complete, lifetime warranty vs. 3yr factory warranty.
Line-X Bedliner.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I opted for the factory spray liner for convenience. In hindsight, I wish I did aftermarket from a local shop. Much better quality and coverage. Plus, I'd rip off the black plastic cap on the tailgate and top edge of the bed and opt for the spray liner to replace the flimsy plastic. Next time...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The factory spray liner is still a good one. This is my 3rd or 4th Dodge/Ram with it. Kept one of my trucks till it was 16 yrs old. The bed liner was still perfect, even after a lot of hauling. While you can get better, it would probably cost you more and not necessarily matter in the long run. Especially if you don't intend to keep the truck that long.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I thought they all came with the bed sprayed OEM? That just shows what I know. Mine came sprayed already.
It's a factory option. I bought mine from a lot, but I reviewed everything before I bought it, and it had the factory spray on the build sheet. The dealer had ordered one that way to set out on the lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A little pricey but I went with a bed rug, color matched ARE hard tonneau cover w/matte black sport wing. Haven't seen another one like it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
LineX is a great product. Very nice mild sheen finish and easier to clean out. I would stay away from the plastic drop in liners especially in wet/dirty northern climates as they tend to accumulate dirt and moisture underneath them and cause rust in sort order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts