Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has fit 35's on their rebel without lift or links without rubbing.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup. No rubbing. doing the lift links soon just to get some more height.
315/70/17 Cooper MTP's. (3
Front Grille lettering 2.jpg
5x12.50x17's)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beauty truck, I find 35's really bring out character in the rebels. Where did you get your links from??

Reactions: Mtudb24

·
Registered
69 Posts
Beauty truck, I find 35's really bring out character in the rebels. Where did you get your links from??
Thanks you. It does make it look so much better.
Room raider gave me some links, just haven't put them on yet.. Easy to make if you search the forums..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You should be aware, though, that all 35's are not the same. Toyo makes 35/12.5/r17s that are supposed to be 35" high. But Toyo also makes a 315/70/r17, and that size is actually only 34.4" high. Now the question is, is Toyo actually making 2 different sizes so close together, or just relabelling one tire to both sizes? That .6" can be a big difference in clearance when you're so close already. And if you switch to other tires or brands, all that goes out the window. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be aware, though, that all 35's are not the same. Toyo makes 35/12.5/r17s that are supposed to be 35" high. But Toyo also makes a 315/70/r17, and that size is actually only 34.4" high. Now the question is, is Toyo actually making 2 different sizes so close together, or just relabelling one tire to both sizes? That .6" can be a big difference in clearance when you're so close already. And if you switch to other tires or brands, all that goes out the window. Just sayin'.
I will be putting 315/70-17 KO2's on.

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
187 Posts
BFG KO2s are probably the "Smallest and Lightest" 35" tire on the market at the moment. I have them in 35x12.5/17 on my JKU and they measure around 33.5 mounted. Small for the Jeeps but maybe perfect for the Rebel without modification. I'm gonna put them on my Rebel and move up to the BFG KO2s in 37s on the Jeep. (37s measure 35.5 mounted)

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BFG KO2s are probably the "Smallest and Lightest" 35" tire on the market at the moment. I have them in 35x12.5/17 on my JKU and they measure around 33.5 mounted. Small for the Jeeps but maybe perfect for the Rebel without modification. I'm gonna put them on my Rebel and move up to the BFG KO2s in 37s on the Jeep. (37s measure 35.5 mounted)

Sent from my JKURX

Thanks for the info. They will be going on on Tuesday. I will post pics once they are done.

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you put on larger than stock tires can it affect how your transmission shifts? I know you can get the speedo recalibrated.

·
Registered
332 Posts
From the factory the speedometers are off a bit anyway. On my previous truck I found putting one size bigger tires actually made the speedometer more accurate. You may find it doing the same. I confirmed it using a good and accurate GPS.

Make sure to use "jack mode" when you do the links!

·
Registered
187 Posts
View attachment 1487 I got 34" BF Goodrich mud tires. I liked these tires, I had the same ones (35") on my Jeep that I traded in for my Rebel. But Discount Tire told me 35" would rub. And I think they didn't have this model tire any bigger than 34 that fit these rims.
Those look great on the Rebel! I had the KM2s on my Jeep as well. Liked them as well

What size ore those 34s?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the pics and useful tips guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went in to get tires put on and ended up getting rims also.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rims are 9inches wide and the tires are 11 inches wide.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts