Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure it's an issue or problem but it does annoy me a bit. Most of the time it doesn't happen, but if I have been shifting to reverse and back to drive a few times doing a y turn or backing out of my driveway I'll start to notice a significant click when applying the brakes. I can feel it in my foot and hear it. It does not affect braking at all but it just feels weird and only happens at slow speeds when shifting, reverse and drive. At higher speeds it doesn't happen, and it's intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.
I googled and found a few threads on various Ram/Chrysler vehicles but none specifically Ram Rebel.
I have not brought to the dealership or been too concerned but it's annoying enough that I may(no other vehicle I've had has done this).

Anyone have this also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure it's an issue or problem but it does annoy me a bit. Most of the time it doesn't happen, but if I have been shifting to reverse and back to drive a few times doing a y turn or backing out of my driveway I'll start to notice a significant click when applying the brakes. I can feel it in my foot and hear it. It does not affect braking at all but it just feels weird and only happens at slow speeds when shifting, reverse and drive. At higher speeds it doesn't happen, and it's intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.
I googled and found a few threads on various Ram/Chrysler vehicles but none specifically Ram Rebel.
I have not brought to the dealership or been too concerned but it's annoying enough that I may(no other vehicle I've had has done this).

Anyone have this also?
mine does exactly the same thing, annoys the hell out of me and have been thinking of asking at the dealership but they seem to not want to deal with customers after the sale is done

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've played with the clicking sound some and it appears to me that it is when the brake lights come on. So maybe that's a switch or a sensor by the pedal being tripped.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I played around with a switch the brake pedal is connected with, still happens. The worst part of it is that it is intermittent..... if it did it all the time I'd expect it and if it never did it I wouldn't expect it. It sometimes does it, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why. Today it hasn't done it at all.... which I prefer but then I'm kind of expecting it to happen sometimes and surprises that it doesn't.

I'm not really going to worry about it but it is annoying

·
Registered
3 Posts
I take mine to the dealer and they said it is the brake booster. I have to left the wagon there because they have to order the part.I let you know if the booster resolve the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been experiencing this myself since I've had my truck. I've had it only a weekish now and it comes and goes but not every time like some have said already. I though it was loose or something but feels pretty solid so can't even guess as to what would be causing it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I take mine to the dealer and they said it is the brake booster. I have to left the wagon there because they have to order the part.I let you know if the booster resolve the problem.
I’m having the same issue with my 2017 I agree it is annoying and I’m thinking about making appointment for the dealer. Anxious to here if the booster thing they said fixes the problem

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.