Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, posted something lunch time today and its still " Awaiting moderation" before it's public. I've been able to post other stuff, but was this one flagged because of the videos? Does it usually take this long?

Thx,
Derf

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Maybe no moderator has had a chance to review it yet? The mods are guys like us, probably have jobs and lives. I don't think they're getting paid to mod. I think the admins are paid, but they're not really active in the discussions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize as it seems you misunderstood my question. I understand how the moderation process works, I was curious about how long it generally takes. Been three days now and still pending, that's seems a bit excessive.

Derf

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think anyone is moderating this forum - I've seen spam posts not being deleted & it appears to me the admin is out to lunch

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
There was also a post from one of the moderators about the spam, where he said that he didn't have permissions to delete the spam posts. However, the spam has mostly disappeared since then, so I suspect that maybe got sorted out.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I apologize as it seems you misunderstood my question. I understand how the moderation process works, I was curious about how long it generally takes. Been three days now and still pending, that's seems a bit excessive.

Derf
I understood, and I agree that it's excessive. Good moderation should result in less than a day's turnaround normally. It used to be that way here. As it turned out with the spam posting, and another couple of permission issues that have come across over time, maybe the person who's voluntarily moderating isn't established in the system correctly. The history is that this site was sold/bought by a different company a while back, and their paid admin doesn't seem to visit here much, as far as I can tell. So trying to answer your question, the problem is that the new company doesn't seem to have a real standard for that.

I'm wondering why your stuff even went to moderation. I don't think anything of mine ever has. Maybe too many links in one post triggered some "spam alert" ??? Could you repost just with one video link and see what happens?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts