Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Rebel damn near 4.5months and I have about 14500 miles on it. I spend a bunch of time in it.

I wanted to see if anyone had any issues with their back up camera.

Every so often mine would become blurry and dark almost like an old tube tv with shaky signal. I would walk around the truck and tap the camera and all was good for about a week at which point it would happen again.

Fix:

Popped off the cover on the inside of the tailgate and it turns out the cable in there is quite loose. The truck bouncing along the hwy would make the connection to the camera a bit loose. A simple zip tie fixed my problem. (Image on request)

I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this issue.

It was a minor detail but annoying none the less.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Mine has frequently shown me green screens and the backup warning goes off. To fix it, I get out of the truck, walk around behind it in the field, and close the tailgate. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine started doing this lately. I'm on my way to pick it up now. Told me over the phone that they think its the new software update for the stereo they sent out over the airwaves being ahead of the rest of the truck software. I can add the software numbers when I pick it up. However I doubt software as I could tap the tailgate handle and get it to go back into proper functioning. I may have to point out that this thread exists and it may be a loose wire.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine started doing this lately. I'm on my way to pick it up now. Told me over the phone that they think its the new software update for the stereo they sent out over the airwaves being ahead of the rest of the truck software. I can add the software numbers when I pick it up. However I doubt software as I could tap the tailgate handle and get it to go back into proper functioning. I may have to point out that this thread exists and it may be a loose wire.

I haven't had any issues since zip tiying the main cable. Give it a shot. It'll take you less time to take it apart and fix it than to call the dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't had any issues with picture but I did notice that if my tailgate is down and raise it back up the depth measurements seem to be off. For example ill drive home with say a large box tailgate is down, reverse into my driveway, remove said box, flip tailgate back up and proceed to reverse into the garage and the guide lines of green/yellow/red aren't at the same distance. turn off the truck and turn it back on and it restores the depth lines. (btw my scenario is based on never turning the truck off)

·
Registered
34 Posts
My screen had a glitch once all pixels were scrambled so I got out and opened the tailgate then re shut it. It's been fine a month later. But glad to hear you went further and diagnosed a problem and provided a simple remedy thus saving others a great time savings of not dealing with the dealerships. Bravo! Thx Scott.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've had my Rebel damn near 4.5months and I have about 14500 miles on it. I spend a bunch of time in it.

I wanted to see if anyone had any issues with their back up camera.

Every so often mine would become blurry and dark almost like an old tube tv with shaky signal. I would walk around the truck and tap the camera and all was good for about a week at which point it would happen again.

Fix:

Popped off the cover on the inside of the tailgate and it turns out the cable in there is quite loose. The truck bouncing along the hwy would make the connection to the camera a bit loose. A simple zip tie fixed my problem. (Image on request)

I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this issue.

It was a minor detail but annoying none the less.
This is what I get. I will try looking at the connection.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.