Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered a Bak Flip HD for the bed.
Looking at the instructions they show a pre installed rail for the cover to attach to.

I don't have the truck cause it's in the dealer getting running boards attached.

Anyone got a picture of the bed that can show the rails to ease my worry?

Our truck has the ram box feature as well

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry I don't have a Rambox..someone on here will get ya one though

Reactions: Gismo

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife sent a pic, clearly shows the rail is pre-installed

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DSC00962.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00964.JPG
DSC00966.JPG
DSC00967.JPG
Install day for the BAK Flip HD cover.
A very very simple install, however, the side seals wouldn't stick to the side rails, so, will be looking to either get some glue of a different type of seal.
I didn't install the water drains, i'm unlikely to have anything in the bed during a heavy rainfall anyway.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Really clean! Nice

Reactions: Gismo

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a major thunderstorm last night and even though I didn't install the water drains only a minimal amount of water entered the bed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
We had a major thunderstorm last night and even though I didn't install the water drains only a minimal amount of water entered the bed.
That is reassuring

·
Registered
29 Posts
you'll love this cover!
i kept mine off my previous 1500 and installed it on my Rebel. looks great and seals very tight when you get it positioned properly. i use the drain tubes to help clear the water from the channel and they've worked great too, i have no concerns with cardboard boxes, etc. in the bed when it's raining hard - i usually get some water/snow coming in around the edges of the tailgate, but none through the cover.
one thing to watch out for: if you use a carwash in extremely cold conditions some water can freeze in the joints and around the seals, making it tough to open. i assume this is the same as for any tri-fold style tonneau.
enjoy!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you'll love this cover!
i kept mine off my previous 1500 and installed it on my Rebel. looks great and seals very tight when you get it positioned properly. i use the drain tubes to help clear the water from the channel and they've worked great too, i have no concerns with cardboard boxes, etc. in the bed when it's raining hard - i usually get some water/snow coming in around the edges of the tailgate, but none through the cover.
one thing to watch out for: if you use a carwash in extremely cold conditions some water can freeze in the joints and around the seals, making it tough to open. i assume this is the same as for any tri-fold style tonneau.
enjoy!
You know this seams to be a reoccuring issue with edge leak. I've had a high dollar roll tops and nothing seam to not have at least a mild leak at the edge. Anyone ever come up with a solid work around?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You know this seams to be a reoccuring issue with edge leak. I've had a high dollar roll tops and nothing seam to not have at least a mild leak at the edge. Anyone ever come up with a solid work around?
that's not quite what i meant...
i have had ZERO issues with leak around the edges of the BakFlip.
the only snow and water spray that i get in the back of the truck is through the joint between the tailgate and the truck bed in each corner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
here's a pic showing my truck with the BakFlip installed.
the small amount of spray that gets in is at the tailgate corners below the "Rebel" badge and the "4X4" badge. all the tonneau seams are tight and have stayed dry for me on both trucks, even in heavy downpours.

DSC_0005.JPG

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
that's not quite what i meant...
i have had ZERO issues with leak around the edges of the BakFlip.
the only snow and water spray that i get in the back of the truck is through the joint between the tailgate and the truck bed in each corner.
That's what I'm getting at too. I've tried everything to plug that small area on each side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts