Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with the BDS guys at Moab last week. They said the Rebel works with the lift kit now, but that all installers are advised to watch this video first!

The two most common issues are the flange being installed backwards on the airline, as you'll see in the video, and not putting the truck into "Tire Jack Mode" before the install.

Ordered my kit last night.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Joe, you will probably notice several points that your original installer probably screwed up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Spoke with the BDS guys at Moab last week. They said the Rebel works with the lift kit now, but that all installers are advised to watch this video first!

The two most common issues are the flange being installed backwards on the airline, as you'll see in the video, and not putting the truck into "Tire Jack Mode" before the install.

Buddha, what is the part Number to order?

·
Registered
78 Posts

If you don't mind me asking, what is the going rate for the 4" lift now that it's Rebel approved???

·
Registered
426 Posts
I looked on their site earlier this morning and it says the 4" lift clears 35's and the 6" lift clears 37's. I would call them to confirm
Kit States that stock 17s and 18s cannot be reinstalled thought. According to the rep that comes by here you would need wheel spacers for 17s and 18s.

·
Registered
426 Posts
In the important notes portion of the kit description it says the 4" lift for air ride is exempt from the ram REBEL. I'm assuming this is what has changed @Buddha ?
The reps over at BDS say that it hasn't changed "per say" but they have successfully put the kit onto a rebel. The major problem they had was that the rebel has a lot more sensitive air ride than the standard air ride. Same system but slightly different. Not to mention the "lift" we already have. They said that it threw a code for the air ride at first till the completed it and rewrote it. So it can be done but you must be VERY careful. Not a backyard mechanic job for sure

1 - 20 of 65 Posts