Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will. No, I changed the light setting on the photo so that you could see the lift better. The original photo just blended the fenders and wheels together, so you couldn't really see it well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you still have the stock tires on your Rebel? I'm trying to find someone with a stock Rebel that will provide me with the height from the bottom of the fender to the ground for normal and off road mode. My dealer had to recalibrate my sensors on my truck after the lift kit was installed and I don't know what the original heights were.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are going to eventually put a lift kit on it you will need new 17" wheels with a back spacing of 4.50. The reason is that on the front end there are brackets that support the struts and the original wheels won't clear them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem. If you replace the wheels with a 17" and a 4.50 back spacing, the tires will stick out past the fender flares by 1 to 1 1/2". A lot cheaper than trying to buy wider wheels.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you are going to eventually put a lift kit on it you will need new 17" wheels with a back spacing of 4.50. The reason is that on the front end there are brackets that support the struts and the original wheels won't clear them.
zero offset is the easy way to remember this when wheel shopping

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It rides the same. I don't notice a difference other than it's higher up. You lose a couple of mpg due to the lift.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
zero offset is the easy way to remember this when wheel shopping
Agreed, provided that it's a 8" wheel with an overall 9" width. That's one with quoting backspacing, since it's measured from the outside of the front of the rim rather than the centerline. Changing wheel widths means a change in backspace, even if you're using the same tires. Whereas if you want your tires to be in the same position, offset will also be the same.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, derise. I'll take some more pics this week, jackdebrabander. No, I did not install it. I had a shop do the work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts