Registered
56 Posts
Nicely done sir!

Reactions: Transam210

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have the airbags, and the ride has no noticeable difference. Still nice and smooth, I was very impressed with the quality of ride.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Evening,

This is my first post. Let me start by saying your truck looks amazing.

I just picked up a 2017 Ram Rebel a month ago and was extremely disappointed when I went to the dealership asking to get it lifted only to be met with the answer that it cannot be done. May I ask where you got your lift done, and roughly how much it cost you?

Ken

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good Evening,

This is my first post. Let me start by saying your truck looks amazing.

I just picked up a 2017 Ram Rebel a month ago and was extremely disappointed when I went to the dealership asking to get it lifted only to be met with the answer that it cannot be done. May I ask where you got your lift done, and roughly how much it cost you?

Ken

Thanks Ken,
I went to a few dealerships last weekend looking for a Durango for my wife and they all were dumbfounded on how I lifted it. I live in NJ and got it done by a company called American Truck, they've been lifting trucks for well over 20yrs. I went in and told them what I wanted done fully expecting them to say "can't do it", because I got that from 2 other places before them. Instead they told me they lifted trucks with the air ride system before and told me it wasn't a problem which was a huge relief. The rims, tires, lift kit and install cost me approximately $7200. I could have also went with a 6" coil over kit that replaces the air ride with regular coil springs but that would have cost close to $10k. I think the 4" is the right amount of lift if your not looking to go off road. My main advice to anyone looking to do this is do your homework on the shops you're thinking about doing the install. I did a month of research looking through all there pictures to see what kind of work they do and reading reviews and talking to guys that had work done there. I've had zero issues but have read nightmare stories from guys that tried to save alittle money and go to a place with cheaper install and really had a lot of issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks awesome. I talked to the dealership about having them install the BDS 4" lift kit on my Rebel. They informed me they wouldn't install any lift of an air system and if I did then I completely void my warranty. Not an option for me now since I bought the lifetime warranty with my truck. Sad face!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any issues you are having with the BDS lift? I live in the Philadelphia area and can't find an installer but I will call American Trucks. I just wanted to know how many miles you have with the BDS system and if there are any issues. Truck looks great by the way. I added a Magnum front bumper with LED light bar and winch, Magnum side steps, KN with Borla exhaust......now time for the lift.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are there any issues you are having with the BDS lift? I live in the Philadelphia area and can't find an installer but I will call American Trucks. I just wanted to know how many miles you have with the BDS system and if there are any issues. Truck looks great by the way. I added a Magnum front bumper with LED light bar and winch, Magnum side steps, KN with Borla exhaust......now time for the lift.

I've had zero issues with the kit. I actually just went to American Truck Friday for my 1500 mile check up to ensure everything is still tight and all is good. They found no issues. The truck rides like factory, still smooth and comfortable. I would definitely recommend heading over to this place, I was the first Rebel they did but they lifted some power wagons that have the air ride system and they're very familiar with it. Post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This exactly what I want to do to my 2017 Rebel. What was your approx. cost for the lift? Also loving the 20" rims. Big mistake by RAM for putting the small 17"'s on the rebel. It just doesn't look as "Mean" or "Beefy" as the RAMs with the 20's do... Do you have any offset on the rims?

Great ride...

·
Registered
258 Posts
The 17" wheels were definitely the right call for an off road worthy truck. The general rule of thumb in most off road circles is a tire at least double the rim size and I am yet to see a rebel with 40" tires. If you prefer the look of 20's and are willing to lose a bit off road, it's your truck. I appreciate rams wheel choice not only in function, but I also think a low profile off road tire looks ridiculous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guess everyone has their own opinions and/or styles when it comes to their truck setups. Appreciate your feedback for sure... I myself am not much of the off roader type but use mine for towing and hauling during household projects. To each his own....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This exactly what I want to do to my 2017 Rebel. What was your approx. cost for the lift? Also loving the 20" rims. Big mistake by RAM for putting the small 17"'s on the rebel. It just doesn't look as "Mean" or "Beefy" as the RAMs with the 20's do... Do you have any offset on the rims?

Great ride...
Thanks Countryboy,
Ram made the right choice with the rim size, off road guys want more tire then they do rim. Myself, I don't off road and the 20" rims with the 35" tires give me some more rim and enough tire for what I want to do with the truck without the whole "rubber band" look. The overall cost was approximately $7300 , as far as offset I didn't choose any specific offset just selected the rim and whatever is was is how I got them.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.