Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’m looking to put on a cold air intake kit on my 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel. Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific model they have installed currently on their Ram Rebel or previous trucks in the past. Did it boost your gas mileage and horsepower at all? Or just sounds good? Thanks for your input

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a YouTube video by "Tony The Truck Guy" who does the side by side by side comparison of stock VS drop-in VS a Corsa CAI. Then there is another YouTube guy "Water Fowler 41" that has a Corsa CAI video and a Vararam Air Intake video. Both of these guys have 2019 Rams, and after watching these... none are worth the money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome I appreciate the response. Thinking maybe I’ll just buy the Edge Pulsar programmer instead??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. I swapped my Stock Muffler for a Borla Pro-XS, and it gave me just the deep sound a HEMI should have w/out any drone or being too loud. Doubt it did anything to performance-wise, but it was a cheap mod (cheaper than a CAI) that did exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Rams have a pretty good cold air box as they come from the factory. Just put a premium air filter in and you will be good. Save your money for something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I’m looking to put on a cold air intake kit on my 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel. Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific model they have installed currently on their Ram Rebel or previous trucks in the past. Did it boost your gas mileage and horsepower at all? Or just sounds good? Thanks for your input
Mopar ram air intake air flows through the grill instead of behind headlight it's about 850 dollars

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a afe stage two from American trucks.com it’s masive oval filter and it sounds amazing and notice a little difrence if you like I can post a pick of the intake in the morning but I love it after I put mine on two of my friends put afe intakes on there trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just stumbled across this thread and it reminded me of how I and others modded our Ram airboxes back in the day. People might think it’s crazy, but google search “Ram airbox intake tube mod”. It actually made a difference in the sound and performance of my 09 Ram.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're looking for some massive performance gain by adding a cold air intake, don't bother. If you want something that looks cool under the hood and slightly modifies the sound of the engine on acceleration, then go for it. I personally like the look of the Mopar Ram Air kit but it's pricey at around $1K delivered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. I swapped my Stock Muffler for a Borla Pro-XS, and it gave me just the deep sound a HEMI should have w/out any drone or being too loud. Doubt it did anything to performance-wise, but it was a cheap mod (cheaper than a CAI) that did exactly what I wanted.
What size borla did you buy, or what part number bet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts