Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First post. I'm seeking some feedback. I recently installed Bilstein 6112s on my Rebel. I used the 8th clip position, which supplies a 2" lift for the 4wd Rebel. Puts the truck dead level at ride height. Bilstein advertises no need for aftermarket UCAs... in fact I wrote to them and asked them specifically if new UCAs were needed with the Rebel since it's a little different animal than your standard Ram, and they said no. There's been a lot of debate on this issue amongst Rebel owners. I know everyone is just trying to do and advise the "right thing" but you know how this can be amongst truck guys, and it's even more confusing when some sources say you'll be fine and others say your ball joint is going to break 馃檭. I am curious if anyone here actually knows someone that this has happened to. Has anyone actually lost a ball joint, or know someone who has because of rough angles after leveling? Pic of my angle after install - this is with the front tires off the ground. Am I doomed? The Germans say don't worry, LOL. Thanks everybody!
IMG-8842.JPG

Premium Member
That's what the Germans told Poland! And look at their UCAs now. :) I belong to Deutches Haus in New Orleans by the way, so I'm just joking (half German).

Registered
Did you actually get 2鈥 of lift? I called bilstein and they stated I wouldn鈥檛 really see a difference since the rebel is already lifted.

I had the 6112/5160 on my taco with camburg UCAs. Based on the picture provided, it looks like your definitely going to need UCAs, those angles are kinda wonky.

6112s are awesome, especially if your going to actually hit some trails with them. Without proper UCAs your actually preventing them from working to their full potential.

Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
you can get by at a maximum of 2鈥 of lift before needing UCA鈥檚. Anything more, you will definantly need them.
the reason being, at those angles, the geometry is off and significantly reduces its strength. For a daily with 2鈥 level, you can get by. I still prefer to keep my angles correct as it will be significantly stronger, hold alignment better, and it鈥檚 cheap assurance that your steer tire doesn鈥檛 laydown horizontally if you hit something hard on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts