Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped to black lugnuts with the factory wheels? And If so what lugnuts did you use? I called customer service at Gorilla Nuts and the girl who "Helped" me was clueless. And no I'm not gonna plasti dip them. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black Lugnuts do exist... They look great on my argent wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yes they definitely do exist I just want to know which ones are compatible with our trucks with factory wheels....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What about the midnight edition Rams. Do they have black nuts and you get them from your dealer?

I'm pretty freakin smart.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the midnight edition Rams. Do they have black nuts and you get them from your dealer?

I'm pretty freakin smart.
They are chrome just like ours....... Even the exhaust tips on the midnight edition are chrome. FCA dropped the ball on those details.

·
Registered
426 Posts
M12 X 1.50 Gorilla has them with the 12 point spline. Also come with internal locking on them so they all look the same but one is locking.

·
Registered
108 Posts
M12 X 1.50 Gorilla has them with the 12 point spline. Also come with internal locking on them so they all look the same but one is locking.
I think you meant to say M14 x 1.50 thread, I picked up a set of Gorilla M14 x 1.5 lug nuts but I needed a smaller diameter lug nut to fit my Fuel wheels. Looks like gorilla does make some black chrome lug nuts that look like the OEM Ram lug nuts, but they are rather pricey:
Pack of 4: Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 66147BDX Black Chrome Ram Durango Grand Cherokee 7/8" Hex Lug Nut - Pack of 4 (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size): Automotive
Pack of 20: Black Acorn Bulge Nuts - Set Of 20 - Oe Factory Dodge Ram Alloy Wheels Gorilla 66198BDX-20

Gorilla does offer a few other styles as well, but not sure if the diameter of cone is large enough to seat onto the factory wheels. Here is one example that may work: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-41147bc

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think you meant to say M14 x 1.50 thread, I picked up a set of Gorilla M14 x 1.5 lug nuts but I needed a smaller diameter lug nut to fit my Fuel wheels. Looks like gorilla does make some black chrome lug nuts that look like the OEM Ram lug nuts, but they are rather pricey:
Pack of 4: Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 66147BDX Black Chrome Ram Durango Grand Cherokee 7/8" Hex Lug Nut - Pack of 4 (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size): Automotive
Pack of 20: Black Acorn Bulge Nuts - Set Of 20 - Oe Factory Dodge Ram Alloy Wheels Gorilla 66198BDX-20

Gorilla does offer a few other styles as well, but not sure if the diameter of cone is large enough to seat onto the factory wheels. Here is one example that may work: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-41147bc
where those the spline drive that didn't fit?

·
Registered
108 Posts
where those the spline drive that didn't fit?
Are you asking about the aftermarket wheels that I have or the OEM wheels?
On the Fuel wheels that I have, I had to buy some of the smaller diameter splined gorilla lug nuts so they would fit into the blind holes on the wheels: Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 26143BC Black 14mm x 1.50 Thread Size Chrome Finish Small Diameter Duplex Acorn 5-Lug Kit, (Pack of 20): Automotive
On the OEM wheels you would need larger diameter coned lugs to hold the wheels on.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Are you asking about the aftermarket wheels that I have or the OEM wheels?
On the Fuel wheels that I have, I had to buy some of the smaller diameter splined gorilla lug nuts so they would fit into the blind holes on the wheels: Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 26143BC Black 14mm x 1.50 Thread Size Chrome Finish Small Diameter Duplex Acorn 5-Lug Kit, (Pack of 20): Automotive
On the OEM wheels you would need larger diameter coned lugs to hold the wheels on.
Yeah sorry meant to be more specific. I know the OEM rims have an acorn style but a lot of aftermarket rims have a narrower hole for the lugs. But you answered the question already. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are there any updates in this thread? Anyone running black lugs that fit the OEM wheels? I apologize if the info is in here I just haven't seen any confirmation. Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts