Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amigos,

I would like to black out my currently silver front skid plate on my 20 Rebel. What is my best course? Spray on bed liner, powder coating, plasti-dip, undercarriage paint, or something else? Anyone who has blacked out their skid, I'd love a reply. A photo of yours would be great as well. Thanks my friends.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was one of the first things I did. I used Plasti-Dip (approximately 4 cans). It is definitely the cheapest route, but it is also the most temporary. Mine has been on 8 months ( maybe 10), and it is already peeling around the edges and there are rock chips. Maybe if I used more cans it would have lasted longer. I would go that route if you don't want to spend the $$$ on a real paint job.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
25 Posts
I am planning on using Raptor Lining this spring. Its not supposed to get wet for about 72 hours but is hard enough to stand on in 8 to 10 hours. So I'm waiting til I have my car out and adding it to my list of stuff to do to the Rebel this spring

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would definitely stay away from plasi dip. It’s not thick enough for front of the truck application. Rocks are going to eat it up but if you don’t want a permanent change then that’s probably the only option. I sprayed bed-liner on my wife’s 4runner front valence/wheels and it turned out great. If you want to spend a little then line-x is awesome also and they have a lifetime repair/warranty. Here’s the yota so you can see the color/texture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have a couple of cans of undercarriage spray around the house. I was thinking of using that, but it strikes me as being very temporary on a front skid. That Linex is a more permanent solution I'd think. It's not something I want to keep re-doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up my new Rebel...fortunately it has the Night Edition package so it comes black already....now just waiting for the dealer to turn the tires around so white letters are facing inside..lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts