Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a couple pics of my progress so far. I chose the granite color just so the black accents would pop a bit, and I'm loving it so far. Post what you've done as well :)

List of truck updates:
- Blacked out grille "RAM" and skid plate
- Blacked out the chrome wheels
- Installed 5" black ceramic coated exhaust tips
- Designed and put on a vinyl truck bed graphic

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've attached a few more pics of things I've done recently. I added matte black Rebel badges to the driver and passenger doors, blacked out the Rebel badge on the tailgate, and blacked out the Hemi badge due to the red "5.7 liter" letters that come standard on that badge. Also "faded" the tail lights a bit so the red wasn't so bright.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought the Black Edition. It drives me nuts they left "5.7" red, but blacked out all the other badging on the side of the doors/fender.

Did you just mask it and paint in place, or did you take the badging off to paint?

Reactions: Dohaywood77

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought the Black Edition. It drives me nuts they left "5.7" red, but blacked out all the other badging on the side of the doors/fender.

Did you just mask it and paint in place, or did you take the badging off to paint?
If its PlastiDip or similar like Rust-Oleum FlexiDip then you can do it right on the truck, just mask off a rectangle around the badge, spray your layers and then peel the plastic coat off of the paint, it usually tears at the edged of the badge so you do not have to get too crazy masking or trimming or anything.

Reactions: MMA10mm
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.