Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20160612_165615-1.jpg
20160612_165637-1.jpg

Well I already had my RAM letters on the grill blacked out and I had my taillights, third brake light, and headlights covered in tinted film.
So I ended up blacking out the skid Plate and exhaust tips to add to the blacked out look.
So what do you think?
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels are 20x10 with -24 offset and the tires are 35x12.5x20's.

As far as prepping the tips I just unbolted them, then cleaned them good. I then hung them with a wire by the clamps and put about 5 coats of matte black plastidip on them and bolted them back up. They are holding up fine.
Bill

·
Registered
952 Posts
Very nice! That's just awesome.

·
Registered
181 Posts

As far as prepping the tips I just unbolted them, then cleaned them good. I then hung them with a wire by the clamps and put about 5 coats of matte black plastidip on them and bolted them back up. They are holding up fine.
Bill
When you unbolted them, did they slide off easy?

·
Registered
492 Posts

Bill
Plasti dip. Seriously? It didn't melt off ? I've always used plasti dip for wheels and emblems. Never tried it on the exahust tips. Thought it would melt.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only mods to the suspension is the reverse link mod.
Yes after I loosened the bolt on each joint for the tip they came right off.
And yes PlastiDipped the tips, drove the truck about 350 or more miles so far and they look the same as when I did them. They are holding up great.
Thanks for the positive feedback.
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tires don't rub under normal driving. They do rub slightly in the rear part of the plastic inner fender well when your doing tight turns in a parking lot.
Ride like $hit ? I don't think it does in my opinion anyway. I drive it in normal height mode almost all of the time, if I'm going to be on the highway for a long time I drop it down to aero mode and I have no issues.
I personally think the truck looks much better with the 35's and is well worth any little trade off in my opinion.
I'm happy with it and she will go up more when the funds allow.
Bill

·
Registered
63 Posts

Bill
Do you have any issues with them rubbing? What is the reverse link mod?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Only mods to the suspension is the reverse link mod.
Yes after I loosened the bolt on each joint for the tip they came right off.
And yes PlastiDipped the tips, drove the truck about 350 or more miles so far and they look the same as when I did them. They are holding up great.
Thanks for the positive feedback.
Bill
I'm shocked. I'm gonna have to try it now, I was going to use high temp paint but if plasti dip works I'm cool with that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you use Plastidip on the skid and RAM logo as well?

I might have to try dipping the tailpipe tips. I don't like chrome. I thought it would melt too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you tape off the skid plate to dip it? I've done the RAM logo and rims but haven't messed with removing the skid plate yet.

Looks sick man. I have the same rebel.....ramboxes and all black. Love the look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice job..Rebel is looking Nice..I am going to Flat back also on those parts.. The silver just doesnt match anything on the truck..The rear and side badges are blacked out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am gonna tape and paint my skid plate and ram logo matt black after high grit sand paper..Got my supplies..just got to get too it..will post when done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 79 Posts