Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've read that this is a known issue with the truck. I've got a '19 Rebel that I bought used in May 2020. I first got this alert in October but could not get it to the shop until November. They had the truck a week and fixed it, fully covered by warranty. They said the issue was a body control module. I was driving long distance yesterday and the same alert came on and then went off. This happened intermittently for about half an hour. Previously, the issue got so bad that the heater would crank up to 76, the infotainment screen would go black as well as the climate control lighting, door locks/windows would not work. It's been perfect after they fixed it until yesterday. Has this happened with any of y'all? Has it happened multiple times after it being 'fixed'? Love the truck but this is annoying to say the least. Would love to hear your feedback. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
266 Posts
Take it back and have them fix it again. The big problem with issues like this, is manufacturers refuse to acknowledge the issue, knowing what it could cost them if it winds up with enough complaints to fall under a recall status, aka, a forced revision of the software/hardware.

many times the replacement unit is the same build as the one that had to be replaced, so it’s highly likely to have the problem again.

For example, chevy blazer electronic 4wd switches, seemed to have a life expectancy of 3 years.
Dodge alternators ran the risk of burning down your entire vehicle. They recalled the 160amp alternators, but not the 180 or 220 amp alternators even though they were far more common, and shared the same issue. It took (don’t quote me but I believe 40,000?) confirmed complaints before they finally were forced to recall all of them.

to try to shorten an already long story, take it back if it’s giving you issues and have them fix it (again) and in 5 years time it’s highly likely to be recalled if it is a very prominent issue that threatens safety.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.