Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have up for sale 4 brand new in box sets of OPT7 Fluxbeam LED bulbs(2 sets of 9005 socket & 2 sets of 9006 socket). I had bought these as part of a large group buy and had a few guys back out of the deal. The 9006 socket can be modified to fit the low beams on 2013-15 rams w/projectors(only need to slightly modify one tab to fit properly, I've done this on several 2013-15 rams with the projectors). The 9005 socket is a direct fit in the high beams on 2013+ models with projectors and also a direct fit for the low beams on the 2016+ models with projectors as well. I have the 9005's in the highs and 9006's in the lows(have a 2015 rebel) on my projectors and they work great.
Looking to get $80 shipped per set to the lower 48, which is the price I paid for them.
Technology Electronic device Electronics Material property Box
Text Technology Electronic device Fictional character

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no problems installing the dust cover back on, but it does appear to come close to touching it. No issues with flickering or error messages, the bulbs come with a set of plug and play capacitors to help eliminate these types of issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok. I know that you're trying to sell them, but what is your honest opinion on the output?? I understand that they are "brighter" than halogen, but do they throw the light down the road as good or better than the oem halogens? I've seen were people say they do not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my opinion they are better than the halogen bulbs, not leaps and bounds but it is better. The main difference is the light output is a cooler white that matches the fog lights, better than the yellow output of the halogens. I'll try to get some night time shots with them on soon. Putting them in the high beams does make a significant difference in output.

·
Registered
120 Posts
These will fit in the high beams in the oem projectors???? I had a set in my 2014 Sport fogs. One day I had my dust cap off and tried to put the Opt7 Fluxbeam LEDs in the high beams and the heat sink/fan was too big....wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Will these work in my 2017?
From I read on other Ram Forums, yes, they will work. The issue that people have is that the distance the LEDs light up down the road is very bad. When you look at the LEDs straight on (looking at the truck from the front) they seem very bright, but sitting in the truck looking down road, they are worse than halogen. This is with the projectors headlights. I guess people with the reflector headlights get better results, but they end up blinding all on coming traffic with that light scatter from the reflector setup. I had this LEDs in my 2014 Sport fog lights and they were great. I wanted them in my 2016 Rebel low beams. I researched the heck out of it (Google is a great friend) and found out what I just said above.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From I read on other Ram Forums, yes, they will work. The issue that people have is that the distance the LEDs light up down the road is very bad. When you look at the LEDs straight on (looking at the truck from the front) they seem very bright, but sitting in the truck looking down road, they are worse than halogen. This is with the projectors headlights. I guess people with the reflector headlights get better results, but they end up blinding all on coming traffic with that light scatter from the reflector setup. I had this LEDs in my 2014 Sport fog lights and they were great. I wanted them in my 2016 Rebel low beams. I researched the heck out of it (Google is a great friend) and found out what I just said above.
So I reckon getting these for my 2016 rebel w/ projector low beams is probably not a good idea then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.