Ram Rebel Forum banner

Boat towing

7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  zim 
#1 ·
looks like I may be towing a 40ft trailer with a 31ft boat on it. About 10k lbs total weight. Anyone done this before with a 1500 ?

#10 ·
I think the dry weight was 10k. Add fuel (150 gal) 30 gal water tank and 30 gal holding tank the weight will probably be closer to 10.5k or more. I'm not going to sweat the additional weight. I'm sure it will be fine. I rather smoke the tranny under warranty ....lol

#11 ·
So with trailer and the boats wet weight with fuel and water it was 13k lbs. towed it for like 25 miles. My speed was like 35-40 and mostly highway. Rebel did good didn't notice anything unusual and I kept my eye on the tranny temp. I'll say this was a successful mission.

#13 ·
I wouldn't go over the rating all the time, but ratings have "safety margins" built in. Still, I wouldn't hesitate to pull 15k with mine for an easy run, mostly level, short duration. (I've done that in the past with other trucks on many occasions. But I'd stick to smaller loads as a normal rule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.