Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about possibly doing a body lift along with the 4" BDS kit but don't know much about them. Some say they're ok but some mention that body lines don't match up and it could look really terrible. Any input would be appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm thinking about possibly doing a body lift along with the 4" BDS kit but don't know much about them. Some say they're ok but some mention that body lines don't match up and it could look really terrible. Any input would be appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk
I don't think I have seen one with the body lift yet, but the 4" BDS Air Suspension lift looks great!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just say no to body lifts!

Reactions: zim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the BDS 4” lift and the 3” body lift, and am currently waiting for my tires to come in, I went with - mickey Thompson baja’s -37x12.5R17LT AND LOVE THEM. CANT WAIGHT TO GET THEM ON.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Can I get away with just the BDS suspension lift and NO body lift? Then with respect to tires and wheels, what kind offset is required?
Ya that's a good question, I'm not really sure to be honest. Tires and off sets are something I'm still trying to wrap my axles around....

·
Registered
109 Posts
It really should fit. I have 35s with only 1 inch lift over stock. The bds should give you 3” over stock(remember the rebel is already 1” higher than a 1500) so 37s should fit as long as you don’t go really wide. Perhaps you need more backspacing is all so the stock rims may not work but others should with 37s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
It really should fit. I have 35s with only 1 inch lift over stock. The bds should give you 3” over stock(remember the rebel is already 1” higher than a 1500) so 37s should fit as long as you don’t go really wide. Perhaps you need more backspacing is all so the stock rims may not work but others should with 37s.

As I understand things the BDS lift for the air suspension adds 4” to each position (entry, aero,normal, and off road). So that should yield more than enough room for 37” tires on at 17” or 18” rim with the proper offset and backspacing. I think.... does anyone know more on going down this path (BDS 4” with air suspension)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive been wondering about putting on the 2” level for normal coil spring trucks to adjust my level links to have it 2” increase in the front and then add a 1.5” body lift. Not sure if I’d be able to clear more than a 35 with that or not. What do y’all think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.