Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoyo.

As of 28-Jan-2017, i'm a proud owner of a 2017 Rebel. Crystal Black - Bone stock at the moment.

A little about me:
In 1994, I watched a tornado movie and the main character had a red truck. I fell in love with its looks. Can anyone name the movie?

Long story short, I looked it up and in August 2000, I ordered a brand new 2001 2500 Dodge RAM. Color = Black w/painted bumpers and quite a few aftermarket parts. She's gone through hell and back with me.
Fast forward 15 years: we move to TN and she barely makes it hauling the biggest U-Haul trailer I could find and 2 motorcycles in the bed. When we got to TN (2016), we bought a silver 2015 1500 Big Horn which fit the bill quite well, and I settled for that. The black rust bucket (we lived in MN) wasn't worth much and sat there looking sad for a while. A cement layer foreman noticed it and I sold her.
Fast forward 1 year (Jan 2017): Cindy drives her Grand Cherokee and is amazed at the heated steering and wants me to get a truck with one of those... I'd be foolish to say no...
1/28 we decided to "look around" for a used truck with heated steering at the local dealership.
We ended up leaving the Big Horn at the dealership and drive home with a Rebel with 32 miles.

So... I'm here to get back into modding a truck. Much have changed in 15 years I guess....

The immediate is to setup a phone holder/charger, the clean way. Although the rebel has NAV, it's worthless on commute. My phone has a better app for that.

The next step is Step bars. I'm eyeing the AMP folding step bars.

I probably won't deck this Rebel as much as I did the Rust Bucket (one-peice brush gard, Warn winch, etc...), but I'm sure glad that, in the process of getting heated steering, this Rebel is eerily similar (wih a sh!t load more) to the truck I've owned for 15 years.

I might have pics later...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a holder that you place your phone on, and it has reflective glass that turns your phone into a heads' up display. (with the right software, of course) $49 for the device. There are several apps for HUD use on smartphones, not sure of the prices.
HUDWAY Glass — Head-Up Display made available for any car
That's pretty cool, I must say. But I can't interact with the phone like that. I would also need to have a charging wire dangling to the phone... :eek: One of my pet peeves...

I've already installed the wiring that comes with a proclip holder/charger. I started making a bracket and painting it right now. I usually use proclipUSA's brackets but they do not have a decent bracket for the Rebel. I'll have pictures soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the HUD systems aren't designed for interaction. Although I think you can still take calls through Uconnect/Bluetooth while the HUD keeps operating. Where exactly are you trying to place the phone? In front of the vent? There are some magnetic mounts like this one that come with a variety of bases as options.
MagicMount Pro | Magnetic Phone Mounting System by Scosche
in front of the vent would have been too easy: ProClip Center Mount - ProClip USA

I need it to be right next to the vent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.