Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a long story short.. I had to SLAM on my brakes the other day in traffic (normal paved road) and my truck never locked the brakes, squeaked a tire, or even engaged the antilock brake system! I haven't tried doing a controlled hard brake to see if the problem would repeat itself, however I was curious if anyone else has had any issues with the brake system on the rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I don't know what y'all talking about, I had to do a power stop and I gotta tell ya, no joke she locked it up pretty good. I am very happy, and impressed with these brakes on the rebel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
this past weekend i was in las vegas testing an off road truck with a rally driver and he was on the dirt next to the highway i was chasing him through some turns and on and off the brakes 100 mph to 20 mph multiple times for about 10 minutes and boiled the brake fluid and lost all braking so it took a while to cool off and now every thing is ok again the rotors were purple from heat need to find better calipers and fluid any thoughts ?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
in my modified, supercharged G8 pushing 650hp to rear ive had great success using ebc rotors and pads. (Street/race). For brake fluid I use Castro srf racing brake fluid with braided stainless brake lines. Numerous runs of about 150plus reduced to 40-50 mph when the concealed radar dector goes off. Lol. Never had any issues. At one point I think I was pushing 155 and had to do a panic stop. Thought the fluid boiled and shot the rotors/ pads but all was well. Its only a weekend car but again no brake problems.
Never thought of upgrading the truck brakes ..... but I just might start with the brake fluid! Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.