Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has been able to find a bull bar that fits. The two different truck accessory places I have been to say there isn't one that will fit. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
107 Posts
As far as everything out there currently, the only option is getting a regular 1500 one and cutting your skid plate... someone on here did it, but 99.9% of us have said no to cutting our skid plate.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire
2 small cuts and the DeeZee fits.

Reactions: lmen3618

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chris, very intrigued! More pics of where cuts are located and information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The rebel is off for a detailing right now, but, I plan to make a video of all of my mods. I'll do a bit extra on the bush bar and the cuts.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Family car
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Vehicle door
Automotive exterior Vehicle door Bumper Auto part Automotive lighting
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Windshield Bumper Glass
Here is the bottom support with the hole going thru the skid plate.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive exterior Rim Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car
Automotive exterior Grille Bumper Light Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire
The top support going thru the hood attacking to the headlight support bracket.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thank you Everyone. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

Reactions: Circuitjc

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thank you Everyone. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.
Good on ya @Chris. I have a buddy that did that to his truck and it's really neat

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks man. It's going to be an engineering challenge, but, I have spent my whole career overcoming such challenges. I'll try to post as many pics along the way as time will allow.

·
Banned
246 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
It only took about 15 mins to make the cuts in place without removing the skid plate. After that it just bolted right up.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Keep us posted about the winch install. My plan (when money permits) is to get a universal winch mounting plate and fab up something to mount it between the frame rails at a level where the fairlead comes out between the tow hooks through the gap that is there already. There should be more than enough room in behind there to do it.

I am very interested in what you come up with.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My plan is about the same, just exiting behind the lisence plate as money allows as well. I have all the parts, tree straps, hooks, winch, generic mounting plate, L brackets for frame, etc... Just saving for the cash to get my fabricator to do the install and wiring. I also have a train horn to install at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts