Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has been able to find a bull bar that fits. The two different truck accessory places I have been to say there isn't one that will fit. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
110 Posts
As far as everything out there currently, the only option is getting a regular 1500 one and cutting your skid plate... someone on here did it, but 99.9% of us have said no to cutting our skid plate.

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2 small cuts and the DeeZee fits.

Reactions: lmen3618

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chris, very intrigued! More pics of where cuts are located and information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The rebel is off for a detailing right now, but, I plan to make a video of all of my mods. I'll do a bit extra on the bush bar and the cuts.

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is the bottom support with the hole going thru the skid plate.

·
Registered
952 Posts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The top support going thru the hood attacking to the headlight support bracket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thank you Everyone. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.

Reactions: Circuitjc

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thank you Everyone. Now I just have to attach a winch mount plate behind the skid plate to the frame. It will be custom fit made from a C Chanel prob 8" wide and 1/4" thick I plan on attaching it to the D hooks or somewhere close on the frame. It's going to have to be a custom made piece so the winch will release cable on the same plane as the D rings. And then I can Drop in a winch. Then put a hole for the cable behind the lisence plate. Attach a fairlead to the skid plate and cover it with a folding lisence plate cover. I am thinking of either a Waren or a Superwinch. This is going to be the most custom modifications on my rebel and one of the most costly.
Good on ya @Chris. I have a buddy that did that to his truck and it's really neat

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thanks man. It's going to be an engineering challenge, but, I have spent my whole career overcoming such challenges. I'll try to post as many pics along the way as time will allow.

·
Banned
248 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
It only took about 15 mins to make the cuts in place without removing the skid plate. After that it just bolted right up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Keep us posted about the winch install. My plan (when money permits) is to get a universal winch mounting plate and fab up something to mount it between the frame rails at a level where the fairlead comes out between the tow hooks through the gap that is there already. There should be more than enough room in behind there to do it.

I am very interested in what you come up with.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My plan is about the same, just exiting behind the lisence plate as money allows as well. I have all the parts, tree straps, hooks, winch, generic mounting plate, L brackets for frame, etc... Just saving for the cash to get my fabricator to do the install and wiring. I also have a train horn to install at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts