Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, My name is Omar and I'm a first time Rebel/ Truck owner. I'm looking into purchasing a CAI, but the guy from the parts department in the dealership told me that I would run into some unregulated temperature issues when the winter arrives. I live in Toronto and have owned previous vehicles with CAI's. Is there anything Different about the Truck that I should know about? The guy got me thinking twice about it, although the dealership sells CAI from K&N and Volant. All responses are appreciated! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hello Everyone, My name is Omar and I'm a first time Rebel/ Truck owner. I'm looking into purchasing a CAI, but the guy from the parts department in the dealership told me that I would run into some unregulated temperature issues when the winter arrives. I live in Toronto and have owned previous vehicles with CAI's. Is there anything Different about the Truck that I should know about? The guy got me thinking twice about it, although the dealership sells CAI from K&N and Volant. All responses are appreciated! Thanks everyone!
The Volant ones can come in an enclosed case, therefore regulating temperature better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello RedRebel, thanks for the reply! The Volant looks good but man its $700 plus tax to get in Canada! I was thinking the afe stage 2 intake with a lid makes more sense! Anyways nice to meet you! And those wheels look spot on!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Got mine and the duct at the dealers here in PEI. I have had no trouble what so ever and my truck is almost a year old now

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The problem is that I feel like each dealership has a different take on the whole aftermarket parts lol. So far I have the AEM drop-in filter and a flowmaster 50 HD muffler. It sounds nice and deep, and I found a guy on Kijiji selling the K&N BNIB Intake 63 series for $380 cash, might grab that!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a K&N CAI and just added a Flowmaster Outlaw yesterday. Moving up to Toronto next week from Miami, FL. Interested to see how it does in the winter. Heard it should be fine, but only time will tell I guess. Any information is also appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a K&N CAI and just added a Flowmaster Outlaw yesterday. Moving up to Toronto next week from Miami, FL. Interested to see how it does in the winter. Heard it should be fine, but only time will tell I guess. Any information is also appreciated.

Are you referring to your truck's performance in winter? For that I would say empty parking lots bud lol! As for the CAI, I would suggest buying the mesh cover that acts as a water repellent coat on your filter! Hope this helps! And welcome in advance to Toronto bud!

Black Outdoor grill Tire Barbecue grill Wheel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Already ordered an received, thanks! The weather in Toronto now is fantastic....until it is not..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is anyone using the K&N mesh cover in the snow?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed a K&N CAI myself during the summer months. Pretty easy install. Straight forward. I notice a slight increase in off the line performance but nothing major to talk about. It's just getting colder now and I didn't notice any issues from the colder temps. Canadian temps I'm sure are much colder than NYC. Only thing I regret was not installing this before my exhaust. I barely hear the engine breathing through new intake since the Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust is so loud!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.