Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I was going to do anything with my calipers, I'd probably just pull them off and paint them with either caliper paint or powder coating if you have an oven available. Then you can make them any color you want, too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm not sure these are worth $200 to me, I did see that the MGP site lets you customize them, for $350 you can get your own custom art put on the covers or get a storm trooper on them.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Has anyone installed caliper covers? I was thinking of these, but $199 seems steep. Was planning on wheel spacers and figured while I had the wheel off, why not.
Dont waste your money. They look totally fake and out of place. Car guys will spot the fakeness a mile away and you'll never hear the end of it. Dont axe how i know....

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
yea, but the stock calipers look crappy, painting them would only make that stand out. Definitely the more economical option though.
You really think so? I think they look pretty cool. No big solid metal wall, more edges and "parts" showing. Less like the side of a box. :)

This is a pic of a 2017 1500 with painted calipers. From this page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 26501 I purchased the MGP Caliper Covers. They don't fit. They sent me the thickest spacer they had to try to give it more clearance and that didn't work either. After hours of taking the very heavy rim and wheel on and off, trying to get them to fit..... all I have is scratched inside rims and a herniated disc now in my back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 26501 I purchased the MGP Caliper Covers. They don't fit. They sent me the thickest spacer they had to try to give it more clearance and that didn't work either. After hours of taking the very heavy rim and wheel on and off, trying to get them to fit..... all I have is scratched inside rims and a herniated disc now in my back.
Hello don’t fit why? Stock rebel rims are 17x8 u need minimum of 18 in rim. I had them on my 2012 1500 & were great. I hav 18x9 rims now on my 2017 Rebel & was thinking about doing it ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.