Ram Rebel Forum banner

Camper shell for the Rebel?

81K views 51 replies 21 participants last post by  EdgarMc 
#1 ·
Has anyone considered getting a camper shell? Any recommendations on what brand to go with?

#12 ·
I looked at tonneau covers but I needed that extra room that a shell gives you, especially for my camping/road trips. I do like the look of it even though I have joked that my truck now looks more like SUV than a truck.:)

#14 ·
I ordered a LEER 100XL Cap today for my Granite Rebel... Pics to follow in a couple weeks when it arrives. This is my third LEER cap (formally had an F150 and Silverado) and I like the additional space it provides.

The quality is great and never had any issues with them. I like the fact that I can have a nice crew cab for 4 passengers and an enclosed secure place for gear etc. It's also great when my hunting dog is muddy and wet. I have even camped/slept in the bed with an air mattress in my former trucks while on hunting trips etc. I really like the look of the caps on the Rebels.

Sent from my JKURX

#16 ·
I ordered a LEER 100XL Cap today for my Granite Rebel... Pics to follow in a couple weeks when it arrives. This is my third LEER cap (formally had an F150 and Silverado) and I like the additional space it provides.

The quality is great and never had any issues with them. I like the fact that I can have a nice crew cab for 4 passengers and an enclosed secure place for gear etc. It's also great when my hunting dog is muddy and wet. I have even camped/slept in the bed with an air mattress in my former trucks while on hunting trips etc. I really like the look of the caps on the Rebels.

Sent from my JKURX
I have the same cap on the way here in about a week, pics to follow. The colour matched by leer based on my red rebels vin number. I have had 2 of these before and just love them, my son thinks it will take away some of the badass appeal of the look, we shal see.

#17 ·
Mine is being installed tomorrow. I am also tinting the front windows to match. Pictures to come Saturday... I won't be able to pick the truck up till tomorrow evening when it's dark. I have had the same cap on (2) prior crew cab trucks and love the look and the functionality serves my needs perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Ramrebellion, thanks for the compliment. I like the way it is looking but as you said it is really black. Think I might have some type of Darth Vader theme going here.

BCT, sounds like you have had great luck with the LEER's. I looked at those but they were pricey, for me. The ATC I got is nice and will do everything I need it to. Like yourself I needed somewhere secure to keep my stuff in, well as secure as a cap will give you. Plus during road trips its nice to have the wife reach in to the cooler in the back and get lunches out. :)

#19 ·
Yeah Gismo there really isn't much to it other than some clamps holding it in place, didn't want them to drill it in. Other than that and the wiring harness for the brakelight on top of the shell that's about it. Good luck with the cover.

Reactions: Gismo
#23 ·
Here is my Leer...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive exterior

#25 ·
Yes they make them in a variety of configurations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.