Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So installed my catch can last night and it seemed a lot easier than my 2010.
If you don't know about catch cans get one! It catch the oil vapor being feed back into your intake fouling it up and reducing response time. They don't make them for the old 3.8L on the first Jeep JKs so I have to every now and then take the intake off my wifes jeep and clean it. It gets pretty bad. Immediately after cleaning I notice a response time difference on her jeep every time.
I got the billet one from Moes Performance. They specialize in dodge RAM parts. Also ordered my 18" muffler.

·
Banned
248 Posts
So installed my catch can last night and it seemed a lot easier than my 2010.
If you don't know about catch cans get one! It catch the oil vapor being feed back into your intake fouling it up and reducing response time. They don't make them for the old 3.8L on the first Jeep JKs so I have to every now and then take the intake off my wifes jeep and clean it. It gets pretty bad. Immediately after cleaning I notice a response time difference on her jeep every time.
I got the billet one from Moes Performance. They specialize in dodge RAM parts. Also ordered my 18" muffler.
Will you please post photos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
lmao, are those braided hoses 109789 or the 673940? Would you also have the scu#? Also is that hose at 86 degrees or 83 degrees? I want to make sure I order the right stuff for when I get my truck.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
So pretty much just AN fittings? Were the adaptors included? I'll check the link out in the morning. Will likely answer both questions. Lol

·
Banned
248 Posts
They came with the truck. If you buy a truck you get them
They actually don't come with the truck, I looked in an engine yesterday at the dealership. Those lines are special order from Billet Technologies. Well worth paying for too.

When I'm ready, I will get a truck in due time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its kind of funny that you went to the dealership to see what hoses are in there, whereas I couldn't be bothered to even walk out in my driveway and look. In case it wasnt clear, my post wasnt really about hoses but about your obsessive behavior, the fact that you went to a dealership affirms this.
Nevertheless I stand corrected, at least as far as the hoses goes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's very easy to tell from the photos @Bruute posted, and from the installation video embedded in the page he linked for the catch can, that the catch can sits well below and away from the CAI, too. Didn't stop him from questioning whether you can have both. How do you tell the difference between obsessive and fanatical?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would like to get a catch can, but I can't see me spending $130 and up on one. Anyone know if BT is going to have the 40% off deal again?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to get a catch can, but I can't see me spending $130 and up on one. Anyone know if BT is going to have the 40% off deal again?
In my opinion $130 is cheap to save ones throttle body, gas mileage, AND horse power response time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can check other sites/forums for people selling the catch cans. Not sure if I can put some of them down or not.

Reactions: PapiGringo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone out there install the UPR Plug & Play catch can on our trucks? Video says it's compatible with the Ram 5.7 Hemi. I like that it has a drain valve and that you don't have to worry about spilling oil accidentally when removing the unit but, not sure if the install in this vid will work for us.

Thanx in advance...

·
Banned
248 Posts
Anyone out there install the UPR Plug & Play catch can on our trucks? Video says it's compatible with the Ram 5.7 Hemi. I like that it has a drain valve and that you don't have to worry about spilling oil accidentally when removing the unit but, not sure if the install in this vid will work for us.

Thanx in advance...

Here's the catalog order link, its free also !

UPR Products 2015 Catalog

1 - 20 of 48 Posts