Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New to the forum as I just purchased a 2020 rebel. I'm curious as to see what recommendations you guys have for cell phone holders. I know there are cheap ones and better ones out there... Looking for some opinions on types and locations to mount them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@FLRam I have a 17. It has a cell phone holder built in at the front of the main console cavity. There’s room for two phones. If the cab interior is basically the same then I would expect the 20 would be the same. I can get you a picture tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@FLRam I have a 17. It has a cell phone holder built in at the front of the main console cavity. There’s room for two phones. If the cab interior is basically the same then I would expect the 20 would be the same. I can get you a picture tomorrow if you want.
I've seen it but when I'm off road it doesn't seem to secure the phone very well. I'm not saying that I haul ass through the roughest roads, but I'd like something that secures the phone from bouncing around. Thanks for your input, I should have mentioned it in my original post.

·
Super Moderator
182 Posts
If your stock one is too loose you can always get one of those cup holder ones, but you will loose one of the cup holder….

of course there is enough room on the center console to just mount one up

but I would say Do Not use one of the cell phone holders that clip to an air vent…. I have never liked those

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your stock one is too loose you can always get one of those cup holder ones, but you will loose one of the cup holder….

of course there is enough room on the center console to just mount one up

but I would say Do Not use one of the cell phone holders that clip to an air vent…. I have never liked those
No, Sir. I bought one of those that clipped to the air vent.... Garbage..... All it did was force the vent down and on a bumpy road it bounced around too. I'll look around, just thought somebody might have had a good recommendation. Thanks for your input!!

·
Super Moderator
182 Posts
Yeah I had one too in my old Durango… Vent mounts suck

I’d think if your stock option is out of the picture, then something like this
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Technology Auto part Machine

And instead of mounting it to the windshield
Or top of the dash…

Mount it in either A Location or B Location shown below
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Steering part Speedometer

you could use heavy duty 3M Outdoor double sided tape to attach it…. Or even drill a hole and use a screw or two

of course the Weather-tech cup phone holder looks super sturdy, but you loose a cup holder

·
Registered
2021 RAM Rebel
4 Posts
Hello,
New to the forum as I just purchased a 2020 rebel. I'm curious as to see what recommendations you guys have for cell phone holders. I know there are cheap ones and better ones out there... Looking for some opinions on types and locations to mount them. Thanks in advance.
Ive always found ProClip to make a good product for all my vehicles over the years. You can buy the mounting plate and the phone holder directly from them or get just the mounting plate from them and get the phone holder part off Amazon for cheaper sometimes. Ive also seen this new style one from Bulletpoint that mounts to the center tray over the radio and looks to be a pretty solid option, really makes use of the "useless" tray over the radio and puts the phone in a nice position. I just toss my phone in the mount provided in the storage bin as I have a wireless android auto dongle (Motorola MA1) that allows my phone to connect up to my radio to give me wireless android auto and I use WAZE for navigation and to notify me of any police speed traps, traffice slowdowns, hazards, etc. Its so nice to not have to plug my phone in all the time. Links for all below

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive always found ProClip to make a good product for all my vehicles over the years. You can buy the mounting plate and the phone holder directly from them or get just the mounting plate from them and get the phone holder part off Amazon for cheaper sometimes. Ive also seen this new style one from Bulletpoint that mounts to the center tray over the radio and looks to be a pretty solid option, really makes use of the "useless" tray over the radio and puts the phone in a nice position. I just toss my phone in the mount provided in the storage bin as I have a wireless android auto dongle (Motorola MA1) that allows my phone to connect up to my radio to give me wireless android auto and I use WAZE for navigation and to notify me of any police speed traps, traffice slowdowns, hazards, etc. Its so nice to not have to plug my phone in all the time. Links for all below

Thanks, I'll look into them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why would you even need an aftermarket cell phone holder with the technology of the Ram Rebel? Sounds like my friend who drives a $140,000 Tesla, yet he plugs an old fuzz buster into the socket and has an ugly cord going up his dashboard,

On your model you can use your cell phone without ever looking at it. There is a built in clip to hold your phone. This technology is meant to get drivers from looking at the phone and pay attention to the road. The new Rebel I just ordered has a HUD so you can get all the cell phone info on your windshield.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Rebel
3 Posts
Hello,
I like RAM Mounts, they have many models and mounting styles to choose from, check them out online!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
ProClips is definitely the way to go. Super easy install with a great clean look.
Flight instruments Cockpit Gauge Trip computer Speedometer

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've seen it but when I'm off road it doesn't seem to secure the phone very well. I'm not saying that I haul ass through the roughest roads, but I'd like something that secures the phone from bouncing around. Thanks for your input, I should have mentioned it in my original post.
I'm not sure you're using the right slot, my built-in holder holds my phone pretty tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts