Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to swap the plastic links for the position switches from front to back? I've seen in other forums that people have tried this to lift the truck up. Fools the sensors in thinking its in its proper position but it's actually higher.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Haven't tried myself but thinking when I can get rims and tires this is the way to go

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Would this still allow the air suspension to still work ?
Yes but off road would go away..you'd feel every pebble you drive over

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Why oh why did I look at this thread. I used the air suspension as a reason why I should/couldn't get a lift. Now I see this and it right back on my list.
Yeah...35" tires can be used with this mod...keep your stock and down the road you can put everything back to factory easily

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would this still allow the air suspension to still work ?
From what I heard it does yes. I guess there is a difference in size between the one in the back and front that makes it enough that when you switch them front to back that it fools the sensor and keeps the truck higher. It's just a simple position sensor that they use.
I'll see if I can find a link where they said it worked.
They were saying that you can easily fit 35" tires after no problem what so ever

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah or you can mod your own links...think of it like a light switch with 4 positions....the link attached to a static position on one side and then when you hit the button it moved to a predefined toggle spot on the links on all 4 wheels. The back links are Something like 3/4 of an inch longer so reversing them on each side just fools the sensors toggle spots giving an extra 2inches of lift in all positions. Basically it allows you to stay in normal mode which is really a bit taller than off road mode in factory settings

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It will require a realignment of you to it too...just fyi

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wait I just re read this all. Are you guys saying u can get extra height just by doing what your saying. Or it's after you install a lift kit so that the air suspension still is functionable.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wait I just re read this all. Are you guys saying u can get extra height just by doing what your saying. Or it's after you install a lift kit so that the air suspension still is functionable.
Dude..no lift required...you truck the air suspension system is all you are doing by swapping front and rear link which takes no more to do that using yours hands and maybe a set of pliers

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think you get 1 more inch. This just changes your normal mode to offroad mode. And you won't use offroad mode again because it bottoms out the shocks when riding.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
This thread pretty much covers it all. You can also make your own links from plastic tubing, by drilling holes in it. Some guys have done that. Cost less than $1. Or make your own metal links with threaded rod and ball sockets, completely adjustable, for less than $20. If you read the whole thread, Carbon8's section tells how he got 2" of lift using a custom link setting. But most people acknowledge that gives a pretty rough ride.

http://www.ramrebelforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-suspension/4697-air-suspension-headaches.html

·
Registered
492 Posts
This thread pretty much covers it all. You can also make your own links from plastic tubing, by drilling holes in it. Some guys have done that. Cost less than $1. Or make your own metal links with threaded rod and ball sockets, completely adjustable, for less than $20. If you read the whole thread, Carbon8's section tells how he got 2" of lift using a custom link setting. But most people acknowledge that gives a pretty rough ride.

http://www.ramrebel.org/forum/tires-wheels-suspension/4697-air-suspension-headaches.html
The link didn't work

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The link didn't work
And I see why. The link I pasted was straight text to a thread at ramrebelforum.com. Yet it got converted to ramrebel.org. Must be some "feature" in this forum's software. I was able to replace the ramrebel.org with ramrebelforum.com and the link worked just fine.

I'll try it as an embedded link here.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts