Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you take the skid plates and hooks to someone for plasti dip or do them yourself?

also where’d you get the kick ass red badge!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I painted my skid plate w/ Plasti-dip maybe 4 months ago. and it is already starting to peel. Definitely going to look into a more permanent solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you take the skid plates and hooks to someone for plasti dip or do them yourself?

also where’d you get the kick ass red badge!
I didn't remove anything, I plasti dipped myself. Red badge was from Amazon reflective concepts.

Hopefully my plasti dip lasts, I did a ton of coats... we'll see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I painted my skid plate w/ Plasti-dip maybe 4 months ago. and it is already starting to peel. Definitely going to look into a more permanent solution.
The other option I was looking at is getting it sprayed with bedliner from line x. A permanent but way more expensive option.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
29 Posts
Hey me too. Plastidipped the front badge. I plan to raptor line the skid plate but it needs a couple days to cure so it'll probably be summer when I get the car back out. Unless I get myself quarantined then ill do it while I'm on scary flu house arrest.

Reactions: Hulk4824

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
29 Posts
I really like the light bar!
Thanke! Its a Rough Country 20" Black Series. I got creative and used the mounts it came with, some longer bolts and washers, and mounted it directly to the grill. Has been holding on nice and tight.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel
9 Posts
I really like the red front tow hooks. I'm not familiar with the plasti-dipped process. Is it as simple as spraying it?
That's right. Just tape off everything else so nothing gets overspray. The more coats you do, the more durable it will be. It's also easier to remove the thicker it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts