Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Rebel (2016) from the dealer the other day. The dealership did only a half-assed job cleaning the interior before I took it home, but since they're not an FCA dealer, and had only had the truck for a few days before I got it, I'm not exactly expecting a concours-level cleaning. However, since there was still a faint lingering odor of dog after I got it home, I went out and bought a can of Ozium and a container of "new-car smell" Armorall cleaning wipes to try to deal with the odor.

However, I ran into an unexpected situation, and thought I'd put it up here too in case anyone knows of a cleaning trick or hasn't checked to see if this is affecting them too: Apparently, the vinyl part of the seats, which has that tiny diamond-network pattern, REALLY traps dirt and grime. I went through the whole damn can of wipes trying to get the seats and armrests clean; every wipe I used turned dark brown after just a couple of scrubs. It's a little better now, the wipes are about half as dirty when I scrub those surfaces. There's no smoke odor at all, and smooth surfaces aren't producing the same grime, so the previous owner wasn't a smoker; I think this is just dust and dirt that's getting trapped. I think I'm gonna have to have the interior professionally cleaned just to be sure that grime is gone, and you all might want to do a quick wipe-down just to see if this is happening to you too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts