Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new 2017 Rebel three weeks ago. Last week I tried to put it in 4 wheel drive for the first time while in wet grass on a flat surface while stopped. I heard and felt a loud clunk. Now it says service 4wd and says its stuck in 4wd, but it really is in 2wd. I've been waiting a week for the dealer to get the parts in and schedule a fix. During this time it seems like the truck is a lot more sluggish and the throttle response is slower. Is this a possible effect of the truck thinking it is in 4wd or could something have happened with the drive train?

The dealer is also going to fix a passenger side puddle light and a passenger side window that only intermittently works.

I also notice that when I am slowing down and putting even, light pressure on the brakes that the brakes seem to grab 1-2 times until I come to a stop even though I have not pressed any harder on them. I didn't feel anything like this with my F150. Is this normal for a RAM 1500?

If I turn off my truck and sit in it for a little bit I can hear a hissing or whining behind the NAV screen. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal like a computer cooling fan or is it something like the air ride system leaking air.

The truck has stalled out 4 times now as it is trying to start with me holding the brake and pushing the start button. It has also had a rough idle and sounded like it was going to stall 2 other times right after start up. I've also had some trouble with the start button. Sometimes I have to hold it for about 5 seconds to get the truck to start or turn off. I guess no question with this one, just a complaint.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Ya sounds like you got the one I was putting together on the assembly line....I was 6 beers into it and and had a box of parts left over.....sorry.

Sounds like your lemon needs some lemonade....good luck with it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
The noise from your nav is coming from your shifter knob, when you put the truck in park and shut the truck off it locks out the knob from being able to turn until you apply pressure to the break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the truck back. There was a bad wiring harness in the door along with a broken wire in front of the door. So that fixed my side mirror, puddle light, and intermittent window issues. The 4wd was fixed when a sensor was replaced. They said it wasn't throwing any codes when it stalled out so they couldn't diagnose any of the ignition problems. After i got it back though I notice that it starts every time by pushing the button once. For the first start of the day it still idles rough and sounds like it could stall out for about 30 seconds before it comes off of fast idle. I will continue to watch that.

The only thing I am still dealing with is a rip in the leather right next to the instrument cluster. The dealer sent pictures to Chrysler and Chrysler is determining whether it is customer caused, a defect, or dealer caused. The dealer said it looks like someone stuck something in there and tried to pry the instrument cluster. I've only had the truck a few weeks and haven't even had a tool in the cab yet so it wasn't me. I must just not have noticed it when I took the truck for a test drive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad most of the issues have been sorted out.

I know that sometimes in the mornings my truck has seemed to vary the idle a few times, almost like it might stall. But I've never had any issues with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.