Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a kit of any type which would convert the cut-outs on the hood (which are covered) to functioning air intake? I would rather the cut-outs on the hood be something that serves a purpose rather than just a look.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. I am going to call these guys, if the hood vents fit there is another kit to make it fully functional, it mounts a shroud to the underside of the hood, the air collects in the space between the shroud and the hood, and it's only way out is through an intake set up which replaces the OEM airbox. As was posted earlier they only list this for the challenger or charger, I am going to call to see if it is available for the Ram. If it is this is the first thing I am doing, I hate "fake" hood intakes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just called Cervinis, they don't have a kit yet for the Rams. I also called the dealer, they looked up the part numbers and the plastic covers on the hood cut-outs on the Ram are different than the part numbers for the Challenger or Charger, so they are seemingly not the same. I told the guy at Cervinis they should consider a kit for the Rams, he made note of it but he said they are working on kits for Mustangs right now. Maybe if more of us make requests they will move on it quicker. I told him I thought there would be a lot of demand.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd bet with a little bit if fab skills, that kit could be made to work on the Ram, but that's a $350 gamble.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that too, but for $350 I would want bolt-on, no messing around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That sucks. They should make one for the Rams. There are a lot of Sports and Rebels out there so I'm sure people will be interested.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So with the Mopar one, is it only the hood vent on the passenger side that connects to the cold air intake? Looks like it to me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You could just funnel the air into the engine compartment to cool it down. But all the dust and bugs will go in as well because the lack of a filter.
And all the rain, mud, snow and anything else that runs up the hood into the vents. If they were functional they better have a good way of diverting all that crap from the intake for me to want it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It also looks to me like the Mopar filter is not washable correct? After reading this and the other threads about the Mopar kit I think I will reinstall the K & N CAI I had in my 2011 and then decide if I want to do the vent kit. I still like what Cervini did the best on the Charger and Challenger, both vents are used on the hood.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Bumper Auto part
Motor vehicle Vehicle Red Car Auto part

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a kit on the Mopar accessory site where you can convert the useless hood vents to actual hood vents, that work in conjunction the Mopar CIA.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts