Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to start a Build thread for my 2016 Ram Rebel, purchased in Nov 2015. Feel free to comment as you like but please respect others ideas, choices and taste. I am open to and will be looking for advice from time time.

I am avid vehicle "collector" and love to mod and do almost all the work myself. I am a ER Provider by trade, retired from the Air Force in 2011 and currently a DoD civil service employee in Ohio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the first things I did were line-x the bed, change out the factory tonneau cover switch a retrax, Lund running boards and tint windows.
IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0708.JPG IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0689.PNG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0686.PNG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then I decided I needed more power.... don't we always need more power... then came my mad fab skills... haha.

IMG_6326.JPG IMG_6329.JPG IMG_6331.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then I needed to add some switches for plans to add some lights.

I put in a row of six that were run from the fuse box that I put in. The fuse box has 40 circuits, 10 relays and I decided to cut it to 20 and use one side/bus for grounds. Figured 20 will be enough.

I will post a better picture of switches when I get them put back in. I have them out pulling some more power to the front of the headliner above the mirror for a USB port and power for radar detector etc.

IMG_6319.JPG

I am needing to put in another six switches, or more. Any suggestions where I can do it without making it too gaudy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I decided to cut into my grill... I wanted to pet a flush 20" radius light bar in. It looked like it would fit so I tore it all off and then cut away. I had to fab custom brackets to mount it and I think it came out excellent.
IMG_6332.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I didn't do much for a while. Until a week or two ago. Now I have gone a little crazy. First was a cold air intake. After a lot of research... I went with the SBC

IMG_6321.JPG IMG_6323.JPG

I definitely saw some moderate increase in torque and of course a throaty sound and the thump of air when you tromp on it. May between 1-3 mpg increase. It has two air intakes. The one that ties into oem local and another that runs down low. I fabbed a snorkel and I am now ramming air. I had thought of going with the mopar setup but I didn't like the idea of the single air ram that replaces the passenger hood mock vent. I have plans for those that are in the works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then it was exhaust. I went with the MBRP black series cat back. Combined with the SBC, Ram Air and the exhaust, in now see a really significant increase in responsiveness and performance. I haven't chipped it yet but boy is it fun to drive.

IMG_6311.JPG

Shoot out you MBRP. Great sound. Drone is definitely better than my borla on my Camaro. Drone at 30 with jus lightly touching the pedal is the worst. At 78 MPH, not much different than the oem, but touch the gas and the Hemi growls.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My exhaust came with two passenger side tail pieces. Argh. MBRP customer service was great and still waiting for it to come in. More pictures to follow one the tail comes in.

I have the OEM exhaust if anyone is in the Dayton, Oh area and can use it.

IMG_6335.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then came the Pillar lights. I have rigid dually on a couple other cars ( JKs) but decided to test out some others. I went with zRoadz hood hinge mounting brackets. I added the dual side by side brakets and put two sets of Run-D cubes that are unique.

Two are Amber Spot and Two are 6k White Spot (2800 LM) each. 24 month limited warranty. They are great lights. As well built as any of my other Rigid and KC LED lights.
IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6312.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IMG_6309.JPG
Then a quick item but I really really think it should come with it from Ram on the Rebel. A billet upgraded gas door

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Then I decided to do dome more drilling and cutting.

Head liner had to come down and I had to cut some access window fro the holes I was about to drill through my roof. I went with zRoadz again for the 50" Radius Bar over the windshield and then light rack that mounts on the back of the cab.

Here are the bars so far. I am still wiring and looking to add some more lights. Suggestions or recommendations appreciated. What do you think oval or round lights would look like on either side of the rigid 40" E series?
IMG_6283.JPG IMG_6281.JPG IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6339.JPG IMG_6340.JPG

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_6307.JPG IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_6341.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I added some more USB power points throughout the truck. I don't like wires running or stretched everywhere. So I gave them a d dictated 30 AMB fused circuits with each individually on their own 5 AMP circuits at a remote fuse box under the center console.

Still have a few to put in but here are the ones that are in so far. All are blue seas but one that has a battery voltage meter on it.

IMG_6344.JPG IMG_6316.JPG

Figured while there I would put a send switch location and ran fused wire inside for future use. Maybe bigger inverter plug or switch. Ideas?

IMG_6314.JPG IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6409.JPG IMG_6408.JPG IMG_6410.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am planning to drop the front skid plate and pull the RAM logo of the grill and have them line-x or cerakote black. What do you guys think, do you think cerakote will hold up. The letters aren't metal so line-x is a no go I think on them.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wow....first, congrats on your retirement from the AF, that's a great accomplishment on its own, second, again congrats on the DoD position, nice having friends...lol, and finally, double wow, that's a lot of nice work on the truck...I really love the hood liner lights, can you expand on it a bit more, as that really looks cool and I would love to do that myself.

With the addition of the lights bars and other LEDs you going to install a second battery and or get a bigger alternator to keep up with the load?

Otherwise, you really have a really nice setup there!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the comments about my service. I have always felt that it was and has been a honor to be able to serve our country.

Yes, I have the battery to add, optima red, and. Am try to find a plac to put it. I was going to cut off one of the bottoms rear compartments that are below the matts and having a battery box fabbed and mounted und the car there so I can access it in the vehicle. Moving away from that since while under the truck doing the exhaust, I noticed there are a few places I could mount a box and then run wires inside. I have everything to do it, just need to get under there. Still pulling wires for the roof lights so I can only have to do it once. Believe in being ready later.

I will I think you are wanting to see more on the light switches in the head liner. I will add more for sure, once it's back together today.

Thanks again for the comments and more to come

1 - 20 of 44 Posts